20 truck pile up on the Ohio Turnpike video

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
takes over 270 ft on dry pavement @ 55 mph to stop a LOADED TT.....which is just over 4 TT lengths....when was the last time in perfect weather there was that much space between them?.....

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been driving 33 yrs. and seen dozens of accidents on this road part of the reason is that half of the drivers up there don't or cant speak English or understand that tailgating will only end in these kind of results.

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does the GPS weather and traffic warnings help advoid or show alt. route far enough in advance to help.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
If you mean the weather warnings on say a rand McNally GPS, I do t know. From my understanding you have to be connected to WiFi to use it. I may be mistaken. As far as say Google maps goes, you can see live traffic on it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been driving 33 yrs. and seen dozens of accidents on this road part of the reason is that half of the drivers up there don't or cant speak English or understand that tailgating will only end in these kind of results.

There are plenty of fluent english speaking Americans who are idiots.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I avoid driving in packs because I'm not a fool!! If you can't see a 1/2 mile down the road around the traffic (or semis especially), back off!!!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That is so true....and IF any of them had a sliver of sense..that much gusting wind and snow equals a chance of ????.... hmmmm that much mayhem doing 30 mph...think not...

Being from Canuckland, you should know the famous squalls between London and Toronto come out of nowhere. It just happens. It can go from clear to blindness in seconds, and the automatic reaction is to jam on your brakes.

It is what it is. No reason to blame anyone here.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Agree the only rear end I want to follow close is that of an awesome lady who isn't into abrupt stops! Or lane changes