2 yrs exp, 150K miles, no accidents, no lates

TMFGO45

Seasoned Expediter
Hey everybody. I have 2 years experience with Con-Way Truckload and I am now looking to switch paths into expediting, or maybe even just get back into driving a regular tractor-trailer if need be. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started? I have submitted information to Panther, and FedEx Custom Critical, but I feel like there is more I should be doing. I just want to be inserted into an O/O's truck, I don't have my own. So any help and advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

timrecruiter

Seasoned Expediter
You might want to consider where you live when making a decision to work for a fleet owner. We are located in north carolina so a lot of our freight originates or ends here in the south. Allstate

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
You also Might want to Research the Classified in this Forum for a Fleet Owner to see if you can get on with one of them! They would/could get you on with the Company they are Leased On with.. Good Luck :D

fortwayne

Not a Member
It all depends on what you are looking for. The trick or secret is to fine a company that answers your needs and wants BUT in return you answer their needs as well - and that is not always possible.
While some companies are satisfied by just brining in a warm body, in the long run, that doesn't work out for YOU the driver and in turn doesn't work out for the company - it stalls their plans and their growth.
There are certain questions I believe every driver or owner/operator should ask a carrier and I believe their is certain questions every carrier should ask every driver or owner/operator - this is how you start a good working relationship and build from the start, instead of a strain on both sides from day one.
Just my thoughts.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
have you had an actual recruiting experience or a virtual one? you state you have "submitted information to ......". the net is wonderful but if you don't talk to someone directly you will not be noticed. can apply to everyone and the app will probably go unnoticed.

TMFGO45

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for all your responses so far. I have been getting a lot of information, and doing a lot of research. I have actually talked to people and Panther, and have gotten a couple phone calls from owners, but turned them down because they just were not what I was looking for. So I am getting closer.