$100,000.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
19 posts so far and not single offer of compassionate giving or generosity... Shocking, I know.:rolleyes:

If you received $100,000, you would give close to half to the Federal Government in taxes. Considering how they spend and redistribute the wealth, that could be considered a charitable giving. ;)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm going on the theory that it's "handed to me" and taxes have been covered. I'd use 10% for charitable functions, 10% for "fun" and the other 80% to build toward retirement, perhaps for an income producing property.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Income taxable, or maybe not. What about a gift?, or if it's an injury settlement that settled out of court, I believe it would be non-taxable. If a court ordered settlement, then punitive amount is taxable. Maybe a tax accountant can ring in here.

Me, I first give 5 to 10% to my church. Next, pay off debt, remodel our kitchen at home and invest anything left.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
Id start a new expedite company! I will hire only illegal aliens, with yellow cube vans.Pay .60 a mile all in.Then charge for qc and all insurances. Id get rich on all the yellow cube vans and retire in cancun Mexico!

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
For real id open up a breakfast and lunch only restaurant. Id be open Tuesday thru Saturday.With a full menu and blue plate special lunch.Wouldnt get rich but I could run it till retirement.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I like the 6am-2pm rest, M-F in an industrial area.
Great hours for the workers, should eventually work into a quality staff.
With good food, prices, and the captive clientele , I would think it'd be easy to be successful.

zarainc247

Seasoned Expediter
Hahaha. Yellow cub vans are making 2.00$ moving LED signs for Starbucks. While you getting 1.00 a mile with 650.00 monthly payment on that sprinter. Oh yeah I forgot about my 19 year CDL on my wallet. 100% American proud not Mexican. Get your mind right.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
lol it was meant for a joke! who would invest that kind of money in expediting? Its to up and down market. My ford vans paid for and I only get .95 a mile there zara. Im sorry if you where that cube van sitting in laredo today bidding load .50 a mile lol.

Last edited:

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I would purchase gift annuities from Samaritans Purse, Boone NC. That would help them to help others and it would give me a tax break and a little return for the remainder of this life. :D

8secondbull

Rookie Expediter
I would first invest in a smartphone and a copy machine then proceed to rent a self storage space with electricty, if electricity was unable to be obtained the bullet would have to be bitten and a generator would be purchased. I would then take the roughly 99 thousand left over, place it in the copy machine and hit the print button.

In the mean time while the printer runs 24 hours a day for maximum efficiency purposes, I would utilize the smart phone to call any phone number I could find in attempt to trade larger amounts of my copied money in exchange for smaller amounts of original currency. I would accept any original currency from around the world in exchange for my services.

I would then. . . . . . . . Wait, cancel all that. I just read here on my smartphone that there is no possible way I could compete with the U.S. Treasury in this particular market. Looks like I will try and start a used copymachine store on ebay mobile.

I will keep you updated on my progress.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Not sure, but I'd bet on it, the RC Cola is bad for your stone problem. Most dark colas are.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
1st make sure the Taxes on it are paid off then Id pay off my Wifes $$,$$$.$$ Surgery she had back the week of Nov 5th. Take the rest of it and pay off the other bills as well. Other than that simply use it to get outa debt. Help my daughter out with her College books and things she needs. After that If any left after that Put it in my account for a rainy day.

Last edited: