$100,000.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If it was handed to you right now what would you do with it? Would you quit working for that fleet owner and buy youir own truck? or pay off your truck. would you pay off debts? or buy a 2nd truck? Maybe you would get out of trucking all together if so what would you get into a gym maybe? I don't know why but this just crossd my mind I personally would sit on it until I could find something other than trucking to make a living and be home more. saw a convienence store/gas station for sale for $55,000. kinda made me think but im not Indian so it probably wouldn't work. just wanted to see what you guys would do.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If it was handed to you right now what would you do with it? Would you quit working for that fleet owner and buy youir own truck? or pay off your truck. would you pay off debts? or buy a 2nd truck? Maybe you would get out of trucking all together if so what would you get into a gym maybe? I don't know why but this just crossd my mind I personally would sit on it until I could find something other than trucking to make a living and be home more. saw a convienence store/gas station for sale for $55,000. kinda made me think but im not Indian so it probably wouldn't work. just wanted to see what you guys would do.

Take a deep breath and wonder what I was going to do with the $18 I had left after taxes.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
My brother's Mother-in-Law hit close to $345,000 on a boat. Somehow the tribe got a large chunk. The IRS theirs.
Of course a few relatives put their hands out.
She got to gambling pretty heavy and within 5 years she sold her house very cheaply to avoid foreclosure on her TWENTY-SIX THOUSAND DOLLAR mortgage !
Anybody that had any influence on her should be ashamed.

$100,000 ?
1) Paydown debt
2) invest in vacant land if you find a good opportunity.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
$100,000??? Hang on to it as that will be the deductible under Obamacare in a few years.:cool:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Put this in

100,000 before taxes

MAYBE 70 after

- 2500 per year for additional Obama Care premiums. - ANOTHER 10% for Obama Care taxes.

NO more per month to cover the taxes

+ 1.5% interest, before taxes

Then the inflation they are not counting.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would most likely be back working on the internet like I did prior to driving. Of course trying to avoid what brought that ride to an end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Move to SD and enjoy the tax free life....:D

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I'd go back to college and finish my degree. I'd switch majors tho and focus on business and possible get a MBA. Then with the little that is left over probably buy a Xbox one and a new flat screen

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
the same here also. take whats left put it into my retirement accounts. continue to work for the next few years just like we have planned.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can spend 100,000 very quickley,no changes here ,not enough to cause much of a
deferance

A business partner and I started our first venture for $165.00 dollars each. The results of that supported two families for almost ten years. Bad future planning ended it when the economy nose dived.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Move to SD and enjoy the tax free life....:D

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app
If I were going to move somewhere to have a tax free life it would be Grand Caymen much warmer there white sands and blue water all around.and Iguana's all over the place like squirrells

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
I would buy some beans around harvest time and put them in a bin and wait till 2015 to sell