'07 M2 Gremlins

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Be sure to have a certified brake tech sign-off on your brake repairs. Here's a link that my help on the signal/brake lites, may have to click on the "download" document link;

https://secure.freightliner.com/acc...ublic/m2bodybuilder/component/ma5428000wm.pdf

I don't mind the $125/hr rate if someone knows what they're doing and only charges me for real time spent, but to pay that for someone elses education using my truck and my wallet as the test lab irks me to no end!

Retidepxe

I am fully licensed by the state of Mich, Have been for years.I stopped wrenching for a living when they started hooking up wires into air systems etc etc:mad:
The days of turning in the fuel button and continuing on with your day are gone now with all this technology, I didn't keep up with it. My fault I guess.
Thanks for the help Guys,,with Retidepxe post Im sure I can tackle (try) to r&r this valve if it holds up till i get home.
325 miles last night and it never shut off. Good thing the volume still works on the stereo..
I am sure the headlight flashing are tied into this block of valves also..In the last week as this problem got worst it was then I noticed the quick flash of light at same time the cruise control dropped out. And I'm sure the cruise is dropping out due to a malfunction in the brake circuit.
Thanks again all...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am going to have to look at those clips. I just had that back AMU replaced in Sept and it is leaking again. It is a REAL shame that FL has not looking into this AND that no shop that I have yet to find seems to be able to fix this.

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
yes, i'm at stoops in indy right now...but for a differant problem...air bag on rear suspension is crooked. Took to shop in west point, ms...they loosened u bolts and adjusted springs. drove to Il, and the bag is crooked again, and truck is pulling to right. Maybe locator pin or something else...meanwhile the are aware of wiper problem and will apply grease first, then replace stalk after that.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
If you get a replacement, keep the old one and see what you can do to fix it as a spare.

I understood from a driver of an M2 the shop said they won't give him the part back but I told him that BS.

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
thank you, i will...and they are replacing stalk. Also, Freightliner says that the airbag tilting is not a problem. Stoops is repositioning the airbag to straighten, and torqueing u bolts. Somehow, this doesn't sit well with me, and I'm going to talk to them further tomorrow before they do an alignment.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
thank you, i will...and they are replacing stalk. Also, Freightliner says that the airbag tilting is not a problem. Stoops is repositioning the airbag to straighten, and torqueing u bolts. Somehow, this doesn't sit well with me, and I'm going to talk to them further tomorrow before they do an alignment.

I would be surprised if that actually fixed your problem on the air bags.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
"shop said they won't give him the part back but I told him that BS."

If the part is replaced under warranty, the dealer has to tag it and return it if requested by the manufacturer, supposedly so the supplier can research the failure (yea right, i'm sure that happens). If not returned, the dealer is not reimbursed for the repair.
If it is customer paid repair, the used parts are definitely the customers to keep, don't let'em BS ya about that.
About the crooked airbag, when having my last alignment done, I was also told one was twisted slightly. Willie of "United Alignments" out of Dallastown, PA is the best on M2's. His number is 717-578-6834. He has his own settings to compensate for the extended wheelbase on st trucks and the weight of the sleeper etc. He spent the time to do it right on ours, at a very fair price, truck drives like a dream. I live in TX and will drive to PA again for any future alignments no doubt.

Retidepxe

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"shop said they won't give him the part back but I told him that BS."

If the part is replaced under warranty, the dealer has to tag it and return it if requested by the manufacturer, supposedly so the supplier can research the failure (yea right, i'm sure that happens). If not returned, the dealer is not reimbursed for the repair.
If it is customer paid repair, the used parts are definitely the customers to keep, don't let'em BS ya about that.
About the crooked airbag, when having my last alignment done, I was also told one was twisted slightly. Willie of "United Alignments" out of Dallastown, PA is the best on M2's. His number is 717-578-6834. He has his own settings to compensate for the extended wheelbase on st trucks and the weight of the sleeper etc. He spent the time to do it right on ours, at a very fair price, truck drives like a dream. I live in TX and will drive to PA again for any future alignments no doubt.

Retidepxe

I ONLY have alignments down by Willie. He does fantastic work at fair price. He does it right, in a reasonable amount of time and takes GREAT pride in his work.