Dec. 2018 Locations & Snow Chatter

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stepped out of the house yesterday afternoon to go grocery shopping, wife's Altima had a flat in the driveway *#$@!!

Thank goodness the boys at Discount Tire are open for a few hrs today ...

1224180728a.jpg

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since I normally in the past have not been out on the road over the holidays, I was wondering if the Dennys at this J would be open today.

I guess so, dang they are packed, with a long line to get in :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas all :sxmas_lights_100-101:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas !

Merry ..? Is this a trick question?
Hmmm, let's see ...
Nobody called the police, no trips to the hospital, house didn't burn down, no fights ..

Lots of food, drink and we capped off the night with a couple of Christmas classic movies. It was a nice night. I was half in the bag early ..

Hope yours was Merry ...

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Made it to my sister's about 7 for Christmas dinner with two rib roasts. Everyone had already eaten. Amazing how people will find incentive to have another plate. I'm thinking of adding porchetta to the menu for next year. Better get to practicing.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Whelp, holidays over. Back to reality.

I love browsing want ads when I'm already employed. "5 years or never Van, must stay out 2-3 weeks, and we'll pay 10c a mile less than everyone else" (paraphrased to protect their identity)

Nope, lol. I pay for van, I say when I work. Not really looking to leave my current carrier, but I may be into taking some backhauls rather than driving thru 4 provinces empty...

Here's my want ad: "Carrier wanted for owner-op; must understand my 2005 Sprinter stands less chance of breakdown than a 2014; must find me a backhaul when requested and leave me alone otherwise; if dispatching me from home, must pay over $1 a mile Canadian"

Feel free to pm me if you meet my qualifications. Be aware I take off randomly up to 2 months at a time :D

Come to think of it, I've got a pretty good carrier. Never mind

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep , got Bored after a couple days Home ..
Made 20 sets yesterday.
8 Raccoons today ..
Pelts are worthless.. market wise.. so thrown into burn pile .
Neighbor Very Happy ...
Exercise and Fresh Outdoor Air .. Priceless 20181227_081504.jpeg

Don't be the Grinch