Dec. 2018 Locations & Snow Chatter

guido4475

Not a Member
Yes, I had enough of Michigan this week myself. The "no fault" insurance there in Michigan I believe creates a more agressive and wreckless driver who doesn't care about the other driver.

Not t just here (Michigan). I rarely if ever see speed laws enforced anywhere I go.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

I wasn't really talking about the speed laws being violated, (even though that is an eidemic nationwide, Mi just takes top honor in that...lol), but how crazy they drive, weaving in and out, cutting people off, etc, its crazy. All the while speeding on roads that are unpredictable on herding of potholes. Its like they don't care just how bad they are beating the crap out of their vehicles. Id never buy a vehicle from there.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
I wasn't really talking about the speed laws being violated, (even though that is an eidemic nationwide, Mi just takes top honor in that...lol), but how crazy they drive, weaving in and out, cutting people off, etc, its crazy. All the while speeding on roads that are unpredictable on herding of potholes. Its like they don't care just how bad they are beating the crap out of their vehicles. Id never buy a vehicle from there.

I hear you. What surprises me is that in Canada, especially London and east, it is even worse. Florida is something else also. Coming back from Bradenton, it was almost suicidal if you were going under 85 or 90.

Reactions: guido4475

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I hear you. What surprises me is that in Canada, especially London and east, it is even worse. Florida is something else also. Coming back from Bradenton, it was almost suicidal if you were going under 85 or 90.

And it’s even worse down here in south Florida, you can be doing 80 in a 65 zone and someone will fly past you on the right side.

guido4475

Not a Member

And here's what baffles me. The automakers are under tremendous pressure to build cars that get higher and higher MPG's, but yet, the government lets whoever raise the speed limits to ridiculous unsafe levels. Cars consume more gas running at higher speeds. But yet, higher MPG's equals less gas consumed, which equals less gas taxes created, which means less money for road repairs. Its a crazy, contradicting senseless circle.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was a pittiful sight this morning as I hobbled out of the van and into the truck stop.
I must have slept really funky last night.
I woke up, but apparently my left thigh muscle didn't.
It hurt pretty bad, and I could hardly support any weight on my left leg.
Man did I feel old trying to move at a snail's pace across the parking lot.

My leg feels (and works) about 75% better now (after 7 hrs :eek:), hopefully just a freak thing o_O

Reactions: ntimevan

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Loaded Holland, MI to Canton, GA. Had a wheel crack buy the valve stem, hopefully it’s not a sign that the others are about to go.

Reactions: ntimevan

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow had something sitting in the back seat of my new car and when I turned the car off this popped up:IMG_0585.JPG

What is the world coming to when we have to program our cars to remind us to check for our kids in the back seat!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well I figured since I can’t drive a truck anymore at least I can drive a diesel, so I bought a 2017 Chevy Cruze diesel.

Bet you wont miss this.....

iStock%2BAlsco%2BTruck%2Blaundry%2Bbags.jpg

guido4475

Not a Member
Ran a western Minnesota to mid Tenn load. Unloaded on the ramp, and immediately reloaded on the same ramp going to Michigan. I love working for a company that strives to have its own customers versus relying on that cheap load board freight all the time. Cha-Ching, show me the money, baby!...lol