Death by DeSantis

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Source? And does it show how FL compares with other states?
The source for the daily case count I mentioned is the CDC daily chart that shows case count. I do not recall the exact source of the weekly deaths. It would have been from any number of news sources that report weekly deaths. To see such sources and numbers, simply do a Google News search on "Florida weekly covid deaths." The current search will be different from the 172 I mentioned above but the 172 was accurate for that week.

I did not compare FL with other states because that was not the topic I was addressing. I was responding to muttly's claim that "The Pandemic is over."

If you wish to compare new cases state-by-state, this is a useful resource. State-by-state covid death rates can be seen here.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Really???? Should we stop vaccinating our children altogether????

Do you really want something like polio to make a comeback?
Children who are at a higher risk due to a health issue should be the focus.
Approval of the vaccine for children wasn’t a slam dunk. There were major concerns, reservations, unknowns, and hesitancies within the deliberations at the FDA.
Here are some of them:A45B308F-6065-41EE-A158-62D3195044E7.jpeg4D79BF00-9530-4E05-AFCC-D49C7872E9C9.jpeg44CA080A-080F-4ECF-8F65-DFB561BF2EF6.png7E53532D-D2B5-46E8-9ADE-53247A7499FF.jpeg

Last edited:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Usually I am posting items that he screwed up, but i will give him a little credit on this one, hopefully this gives kids some financial knowledge that helps them start out in life.

Reactions: Pilgrim and ATeam

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Usually I am posting items that he screwed up, but i will give him a little credit on this one, hopefully this gives kids some financial knowledge that helps them start out in life.
As a former financial planner, I too am glad to see this bill become law. The sad thing is that it was needed in the first place. Where are the parents? Why are not parents teaching their kids, both with instruction and by example, how to do basic money management?

America is said to be one of the richest countries in the world. Yet millions of its citizens live paycheck to paycheck; not because they are not making money, but because they are clueless about how to manage it; perhaps intentionally so they can give in to the temptation to spend every dime they make and borrow more so they can buy a boat they do not need and leave it docked while they take two jobs in a struggle to remain financially afloat.

The first financial lesson they students receive under this new law should be entitled, "Are you being raised by financial fools, and if you are, how can you do better?"

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
As a former financial planner, I too am glad to see this bill become law. The sad thing is that it was needed in the first place. Where are the parents? Why are not parents teaching their kids, both with instruction and by example, how to do basic money management?

America is said to be one of the richest countries in the world. Yet millions of its citizens live paycheck to paycheck; not because they are not making money, but because they are clueless about how to manage it; perhaps intentionally so they can give in to the temptation to spend every dime they make and borrow more so they can buy a boat they do not need and leave it docked while they take two jobs in a struggle to remain financially afloat.

The first financial lesson they students receive under this new law should be entitled, "Are you being raised by financial fools, and if you are, how can you do better?"
Home economics is gone.....so is drivers education in schools.
I believe we need a life class that teaches cooking food without a microwave and how to change your cars tires in case of a flat and how to balance your check book.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Home economics is gone.....so is drivers education in schools.
I believe we need a life class that teaches cooking food without a microwave and how to change your cars tires in case of a flat and how to balance your check book.
Nope.... These are all things a parent should be teaching at home. More time should be spent teaching reading, writing, grammer, civics, etc. in the classroom.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Nope.... These are all things a parent should be teaching at home. More time should be spent teaching reading, writing, grammer, civics, etc. in the classroom.
That assumes there are parents at home, instead of a single mom working two or three jobs, or parents who are more interested in being drunk, high or seeking their next sex partner than they are raising their kids. And it assumes the parents themselves know how to cook, change a flat and balance their checking/card-swipe account.

Reactions: Ragman and blackpup

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That assumes there are parents at home, instead of a single mom working two or three jobs, or parents who are more interested in being drunk, high or seeking their next sex partner than they are raising their kids. And it assumes the parents themselves know how to cook, change a flat and balance their checking/card-swipe account.
I will agree.
I was being sarcastic, but thank you for bringing up those points.
Had I or any other posted the same, we would have been lambasted.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Hard to teach your kids when your working 2 or 3 part time jobs to feed them and have a place to live.

• Haha

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lol the media lie.....
The people in the story are not going to say a thing....if they want to keep their jobs.

If you sit next to a us president you put a smile on your face and let him play.....you don't rock the boat and lose out on your advancement in the ranks....because the Democrats are in charge now.

Hard to teach your kids when your working 2 or 3 part time jobs to feed them and have a place to live.

No that is just everyone that can't find a good paying full time job.....
You know the full time job with real healthcare insurance.

Nope that is just people wanting to not live paycheck to paycheck and not be able to aford a da.mn thing......which is common sense.
#hypocricy

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nope that is just people wanting to not live paycheck to paycheck and not be able to aford a da.mn thing......which is common sense.
Enjoy your higher taxes next April.
After the covid lockdowns, the current inflation and the threat of impending recession, a lot of businesses are barely able to keep their doors open. This requires them to cut costs every way they can, and worker compensation is one of the first places they start. Therefore, part time employees are the fashion right now. This will catch up with businesses before long; people can't live on $17/hr. Additional govt regulations and corporate taxes only serve to make things worse. OTOH, some companies - like trucking - are begging for qualified workers. Skilled workers in manufacturing and the trades seem to be extremely hard to find.

• Haha
Reactions: Ragman and RLENT