The southern border.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Be my guest..... Fact is every wall ever built in the history of man kind has failed at some point.
Walls aren't meant to be 100 percent effective nor the sole means of security. To say that walls don't work suggests wildly overblown expectations for the walls. Prisons have walls, and not because they don't work. They have them because they do, in fact, work. In the places along the southern border where the wall is in place, it's been successful in doing precisely as designed, greatly reducing the flow of illegal immigrants and drugs across the border.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Be my guest..... Fact is every wall ever built in the history of man kind has failed at some point.
Define “failed”.
There are tons of people that have homes and businesses who use barrier/walls/ fences/ gated communities as protection to help keep people out and from trespassing. Are they all wrong for thinking it helps?
Even the current administration erected walls around the capitol area earlier this year, so they must think that walls have value and are effective, right?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Define “failed”.
There are tons of people that have homes and businesses who use barrier/walls/ fences/ gated communities as protection to help keep people out and from trespassing.
Break-ins still occur.

Wall failed
Are they all wrong for thinking it helps?
Not necessarily.
Even the current administration erected walls around the capitol area earlier this year, so they must think that walls have value and are effective, right?
Rioters still got thru.

Wall failed.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Walls aren't meant to be 100 percent effective nor the sole means of security.
Yet that is exactly what keeps being brought up. " Build a wall" they say, that will solve the problem they say.

I say Bull Titties?

The problem that's causing these people flee by their homes by the thousands still exist.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Break-ins still occur.

Wall failed
That's an excellent example of overblown expectations for walls, and a gross misreading of what was written. He didn't say, "... as protection to keep people out..." he said, "... as protection to help keep people out..." If the walls helped keep people out, they didn't fail.

Yet that is exactly what keeps being brought up. " Build a wall" they say, that will solve the problem they say.
I don't know who "they" is, but do you really think a wall across the southern border won't have any effect on reducing the number of 200,000 people streaming unimpeded across the border?
I say Bull Titties?
Well I guess you do think that. Interesting.

Reactions: Pilgrim and muttly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If a thief comes upon two houses in a neighborhood and the only noticeable difference is that one of the homes has a 12 foot fence surrounding it, which one will he most likely burglarize?
Unequal comparison. ....

Until we get serious about stopping the flow of illegal immigrants, this problem will continue. It has been an issue my entire life. Nobody has yet to step forward with a solution.

"Build a wall","Build a wall", is all I ever hear.

I don't have the answer, and nether do anybody else on this forum.

One thing is for sure, "build a wall" is not the answer.

Walls don't work.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Unequal comparison. ....

Until we get serious about stopping the flow of illegal immigrants, this problem will continue. It has been an issue my entire life. Nobody has yet to step forward with a solution.

I don't have the answer, and nether do anybody else on this forum.

Walls don't work.
Ok

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Unequal comparison.
Unequal, perhaps, but an apt analogous illustration of how walls do work.
Trump offered a solution, several of them, which were based on Border Patrol recommendations. But the democrats weren't having any of it, and thwarted the solutions at every opportunity, because they don't want secure borders.
It's true, some people only hear what they want to hear. While you only hear, "Build a wall," others hear, "Secure the borders to stop illegal immigration."

Walls don't work.
The Border Patrol, you know, the people who do the border for a living, disagrees with you.

Reactions: Pilgrim and muttly

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A little more about walls, borders and countries that successfully employ them. It's a long list, but one example that stands out is the wall between India and Pakistan, who have a history of hostile relations. This Wall works with other security measures to keep Pakistani terrorists out of India. India has another wall on its border with Bangladesh to keep out illegal immigrants. Imagine that!

There's a reason so many countries use walls to enhance the security of their borders: They Work.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One big problem with trying to build a wall for the entire border is that the Rio Grande river is 1255 miles of the border, how do you build a wall in the middle of the river?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
One big problem with trying to build a wall for the entire border is that the Rio Grande river is 1255 miles of the border, how do you build a wall in the middle of the river?
That's a problem they worked out decades ago.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We already know about Biden's cancellation of border wall construction, but many Americans may not know about the associated costs and wasted materials from this decision.

$100M in wall components already paid for by taxpayers - down the drain.

$5M per day going to contractors to do nothing since Biden ordered construction stopped.

Reactions: Turtle

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We already know about Biden's cancellation of border wall construction, but many Americans may not know about the associated costs and wasted materials from this decision.

$100M in wall components already paid for by taxpayers - down the drain.

$5M per day going to contractors to do nothing since Biden ordered construction stopped.
I agree, thats pathetic, you dont want to spend more on building the wall I get it, but finish what you already have the materials for.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I agree, thats pathetic, you dont want to spend more on building the wall I get it, but finish what you already have the materials for.
The kicker is Biden has been paying the $5M per day to the contractors for the work they're NOT doing to build the wall that's already been paid for.
As if that's not bad enough, how much do you think Hunter Biden Scrap Recycling, Inc will get paid for a no-bid contract to haul away all those fence panels and recycle them? Considering the scope of that project, the govt could string it out for years.

Reactions: Turtle