Death by DeSantis

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Never heard of him but it sounds like we have him to partially thank for the vaccine technology. But it also sounds like he is a little salty about something.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Apprently salty about some putting politics and money before what is best in health.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is so absurd. If it's supposed to be about freedom of choice, there's no doubt that the customers of this hypothetical cafe - masked or not, vaccinated or not - would exercise their Freedom to take their business elsewhere once they became aware of the unsanitary conditions. The "Freedom Cafe" would be put out of existence by the Free Market, if the Health Dept didn't get them first.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
In Florida, 60 percent of the already vaccinated are given monoclonal antibodies.
But Biden is cutting the supply for Florida.
Politics before science.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In Florida, 60 percent of the already vaccinated are given monoclonal antibodies.
Politics before science.
This is nothing but political gamesmanship. FL has a high percentage of senior citizens in their population who are likely to receive these lifesaving monoclonal infusions if they catch covid.

Regardless, Biden rations this option away from FL and 6 other red states in order to motivate more people to get vaccinated rather than rely on monoclonal treatments. He can then move those doses to high population blue states where covid cases are expected to see a seasonal spike in the near future.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Politics before science.

Transferring tax money into the pockets of the drug companies executives……. The concentration of wealth continues……

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Yes true but we the taxpayers get a better deal on the vaccines.

I'll have to disagree on that. Is that price you imputed including the multiple booster shots down the road we will be told to get? Even without them it's more.
Regeneron isn't given to everyone. For those that start to develop symptoms from being infected.
Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine are very inexpensive drugs and can be used as an early treatment of a positive diagnosis and as a regimen to take before a positive test.
Vitamin C, zinc, vitamin D, Querceton : all inexpensive.
I just ordered some zinc from Amazon for $5.

• Haha
Reactions: blackpup and RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Politics before science.

Ahhh perhaps you haven't heard ... there's a shortage ... so the Fed's are taking control ... so there is equitable distribution among the states.

National shortage forces SCDHEC to begin rationing COVID antibody treatment

Biden administration moves to avoid shortages of Covid-19 monoclonal antibody treatments

Maybe DeSantis will rethink his unwise, politically-motivated past "public heath" decisions ... as the death toll of Floridians continues to rise on his watch.

But I wouldn't count on it.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Ahhh perhaps you haven't heard ... there's a shortage ... so the Fed's are taking control ... so there is equitable distribution among the states.

Biden administration moves to avoid shortages of Covid-19 monoclonal antibody treatments

Maybe DeSantis will rethink his unwise, politically-motivated past "public heath" decisions ... as the death toll of Floridians continues to rise on his watch.

There is already a shortage if they're rationing. And that is what they are doing. Lives are being affected, perhaps lost by creating a shortage in a particular state because they the say they don't have enough nationally to distribute. Mechanisms should have already been in place and production sufficiently ramped up and produced prior to this current situation. Tunnel vision by the current administration about vaccines and other medicines that can help put on the back burner. They dropped the ball with not focusing on other therapeutics that can work as well and have them ready in ample enough supplies already.

muttly

Veteran Expediter

They rank 18th in vaccinations. 32 states are worse. Plus, he focused early on in vaccinating the most vulnerable and the elderly. He has the right approach.