The Trump Card...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Arson. Yes they vary according to "political pressure".

No - I what I'm asking is what was it that she did, specifically.

Describe her conduct:

Did she hurl a Molitov Cocktail ?

Light a match and set a trashcan on fire ?

What exactly ?

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No - the mob was NOT "subjected to deadly force".

Just one member of it was.

The particular one who failed to comply with a specific lawful order from a law enforcement officer.

Remember ?

Probably depends on the exact circumstances in any given situation.

In terms of looters, probably not - because they are (generally) threatening property, not human life.
Ashli Babbitt didn't threaten human life, she entered a restricted area. Like a looter would do.

Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
What about the police that have been set on fire while sitting in a patrol car.....or ambushed like in Chicago.....you try to excuse one side while vilified the other side....your more Democrat than you think.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Remember when a person charged the stage when Trump was giving a speech while running for President the first time? His protection at the time was not to shoot the individual but to instead to apprehend the person, because 1. they didn't see a weapon on him, and 2. they had the ability to just grab and tackle him without using deadly force.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Ashli Babbitt didn't threaten human life, she entered a restricted area. Like a looter would do.

The mob she was a part of was threatening human life.

She just made a whole series of bad decisions which ultimately cost her her life.

Tragic to be sure, and entirely avoidable on her part.

Her decision to be out front at that moment was incredibly ill-advised.

But that's what can happen when you let the fee-fee's rule rather than reason.

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

She just made a whole series of bad decisions which ultimately cost her her life.

The particular group that was breaking the glass that she was near, reportedly didn't assault any officers. Damaging property for sure. How is this different than rioters breaking glass, looting, entering businesses that are restricted/ closed?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Lol quite abit of the brick and water bottles thrown was in the day time.....

So what ?

Last time I looked, when some is chucking stuff at you from behind an umbrella, it's kinda of hard to draw a bead on who is actually doing it.

Almost 50 Chicago cops were injured last week during statue protest - as 'criminal agitators' launched fireworks at them and threw bottles

Maybe you have those magic x-ray vision glasses from the back of comic books that allows you to see through things ?

:tearsofjoy:

• Haha

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter

Are you blind and stupid she was NOT doing anything other than climbing through a broken window and was shot in the neck.....your friends the blm and antifa have done much worse and not been shot.....setting a federal court house on fire while employees are in side....cops should have shot every last one of them.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
So what ?

Last time I looked, when some is chucking stuff at you from behind an umbrella, it's kinda of hard to draw a bead on who is actually doing it.

Almost 50 Chicago cops were injured last week during statue protest - as 'criminal agitators' launched fireworks at them and threw bottles

Maybe you have those magic x-ray vision glasses from the back of comic books that allows you to see through things ?

Someone chunking bricks at me and hiding behind a umbrella is going to get shot....by me

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The particular group that was breaking the glass that she was near, reportedly didn't assault any officers.

Reported by WHO ?

At any rate, that's not correct - watch the first few seconds of the video, first guy up shoves his shoulder into an officer:

Video shows fatal shooting of Ashli Babbitt in the Capitol

Damaging property for sure. How is this different than rioters breaking glass, looting, entering businesses that are restricted/ closed?

I could explain it to you (and have), but I'm afraid I can't make you understand it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No, that's wrong.
What do you mean wrong? It's an opinion for cryin' out loud.
You should get a job as a fact checker. They fact check opinions.

Pretty easy to see the difference if one is willing to look.
You can't pick and choose what you wait to see. You have to look at all of it. Too many Antifa and BLM rioters were arrested and charged only to later have the charges dropped not because of lack of evidence.

Reactions: muttly

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you blind and stupid she was NOT doing anything other than climbing through a broken window and was shot in the neck.....your friends the blm and antifa have done much worse and not been shot.....setting a federal court house on fire while employees are in side....cops should have shot every last one of them.
In Portland, 13 were arrested without using deadly force. After molatov cocktails and other projectiles thrown at officers. Three were hurt.
But unarmed woman Ashli Babbitt climbing thru a glass was shot without warning.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's not necessary. You said so yourself. All you have to do is be part of a mob that is threatening life or serious bodily injury. You can arrest somebody, and even shoot them, if they're part of an angry mob.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Someone chunking bricks at me and hiding behind a umbrella is going to get shot....by me

Likely while grossly violating Rule No. 4 of basic firearm safety:

4. BE CERTAIN OF YOUR TARGET, YOUR LINE OF FIRE, AND WHAT LIES BEYOND YOUR TARGET.​

Your view would be obscured by the umbrella, which would potentially leave you in the dark as to what all might lie beyond that umbrella.

In these particular circumstances cops would be firing into a crowd.

People who are inclined to act emotionally and out of rage are like loose cannons: dangerous to innocent people around them.

• Haha

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
That's not necessary. You said so yourself.

No, actually I didn't.

Apparently, you inferred it though.

All you have to do is be part of a mob that is threatening life or serious bodily injury. You can arrest somebody, and even shoot them, if they're part of an angry mob.

None of that has anything to do with how one properly handles a firearm against a particular, discrete individual threat.

Last edited: