The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Speaking of weaponizing, it appears the precedent has been set to allow rioters to be shot if an officer feels threatened or just panics. This is certainly an about-face from the previous policies of Democrat-run cities - especially Baltimore.
Apparently it's only acceptable when it is a Trump supporter. Even if it is a 5'3" unarmed woman that didn't even see or hear the officer's phantom commands to stop.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The fact that blm and antifa were arrested and not charged even after video evidence of them committing crimes in view of the officers tells you just how one sided the Democrats are.
Also they were not charged after assaulting police with bricks and frozen water bottles......assaulting a cop is a felony but they were not charged only bailed out by Democrats.

Portland rioter gets 4 years for arson, assault

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Ragman

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Apparently it's only acceptable when it is a Trump supporter. Even if it is a 5'3" unarmed woman

She was armed ... with a mob of violent rioters.

And she told the officers that they wouldn't stop.

that didn't even see or hear the officer's phantom commands to stop.

What evidence is there to back up that claim ?

Please tell me that it's something more than merely wishful thinking.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The fact that blm and antifa were arrested and not charged even after video evidence of them committing crimes in view of the officers tells you just how one sided the Democrats are.
Also they were not charged after assaulting police with bricks and frozen water bottles......assaulting a cop is a felony but they were not charged only bailed out by Democrats.
According to some, every crime they committed was in pitch dark conditions and the videos of their crimes were always so peskily grainy that it would be impossible to discern in anyway the identity of any antifa/ BLM perpetrator to prosecute for any crime.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Almost Half of Federal Cases Against Portland Rioters Have Been Dismissed

Federal law-enforcement officials said they tried to use criminal charges last year to deter the nightly violence. “All of our cases are handled on their own merits and our prosecutors have broad discretion on how each is resolved,” Mr. Sonoff said.

The government reviewed some cases and agreed no crime was committed or found other reasons to drop the charges, Ms. Hay, the public defender, said. “Many of these cases originated in chaos and darkness, after officers charged out of the federal courthouse at night and arrested people who had not dispersed,” she said.

Prosecutors last week, for example, moved to dismiss “in the interest of justice” a charge of assaulting a federal officer they filed last July against a Texas man, David Bouchard, who showed up at a nighttime protest with a leaf blower to disperse police tear gas and ended up on the ground with two police officers, according to an affidavit.

“We reviewed video that showed he didn’t try to hurt any U.S. officer,” Mr. Bouchard’s attorney, Ernest Warren, said. “I think the U.S. attorney’s office in Oregon was very reasonable, and they looked at the circumstances of his case.”

Mr. Bouchard, a 36-year-old veteran, said he completed 30 hours of community service at a food bank near his North Texas home in connection with the resolution. “I did that and they immediately dropped the charges,” he said. “I was kind of amazed by that.”

Like I was sayin' ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
According to some, every crime they committed was in pitch dark conditions and the videos of their crimes were always so peskily grainy that it would be impossible to discern in anyway the identity of any antifa/ BLM perpetrator to prosecute for any crime.

Sure ... that's the ticket !

:tearsofjoy:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Have you provided that video where you said you heard the officer say "stop". Still waiting for it. In the meantime,read Paul Sperry's recent article where witnesses say that no command was heard and that the officer was hiding behind furniture and wasn't visible until he pointed the gun to shoot.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

So is your position to shoot a mob of violent rioters?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Have you provided that video where you said you heard the officer say "stop".

Nope.

Still waiting for it.

Unless I accidentally run across it, you'll be waiting a very looonng time.

In the meantime, read Paul Sperry's recent article where witnesses say that no command was heard and that the officer was hiding behind furniture and wasn't visible until he pointed the gun to shoot.

Well, what would expect them to say ?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
So is your position to shoot a mob of violent rioters?

My position is that given the totality of the circumstances, and the conduct of the mob she was part of, the shooting was justified - based on her ignoring and failing to comply with a lawful order from a law enforcement officer.

She should have just complied.

Let me know if you need me to repeat that again.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Did you know that the accomplice in the case that was charged with arson, her punishment was restitution and community service and sentenced to no jail time.

What did her conduct consist of ?

That's two less months than a protester recently received in his sentence for parading in a building.

Sentences often vary according to particular circumstances.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Regarding Sperry's recent "article", if the lawyer for Babbit's family has some real evidence, he can present it in court where a judge and jury can weigh it and render a verdict.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My position is that given the totality of the circumstances, and the conduct of the mob she was part of, the shooting was justified - based on her ignoring and failing to comply with a lawful order from a law enforcement officer.

So a mob that doesn't comply with a lawful order is subjected to deadly force. Does that apply to looters or rioters that throw stuff at officers that don't comply?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
So a mob that doesn't comply with a lawful order is subjected to deadly force.

No - the mob was NOT "subjected to deadly force".

Just one member of it was.

The particular one who failed to comply with a specific lawful order from a law enforcement officer.

Remember ?

Does that apply to looters or rioters that throw stuff at officers that don't comply?

Probably depends on the exact circumstances in any given situation.

In terms of looters, probably not - because they are (generally) threatening property, not human life.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter

Then why didn't cops shoot blm and antifa thugs when attacked with bricks and frozen water bottles????
One side is backed by Democrats and the other backed by Republicans.....