March into Spring 2020

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go :rolleyes:

Let's see, where was I...
Oh yeah, I've had enough of Texas...
Dallas to somewhere around Fort Worth to past Houston, back to Houston. Something like that, I was down to seconds on my 14hr clock before pulling the brakes last night :ohsnapcouch:

About to hook up and head by Fort Smith Arkansas...
I'm feeling more then a tad burnt out, with not much money to show for all the hours I've been putting in...not a happy camper at this point :bobtail:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Dallas to somewhere around Fort Worth to past Houston, back to Houston. Something like that, I was down to seconds on my 14hr clock before pulling the brakes last night :ohsnapcouch:

I'm feeling more then a tad burnt out, with not much money to show for all the hours I've been putting in...not a happy camper at this point :bobtail:

I would love the larger space and regular rest. However, somewhere along the line, somebody seemed to decide it wasn't worth paying for

Might just be where you ended up, after a year or 2 back in, you can look for something a little above those wages...Maybe something more specialized...

Reactions: RoadTime

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

Knot happy because you haven't seen your first check, OR, knot happy because the clock is limiting your total miles?

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
No thanks! For expedited solos, going out west is a lost cause .. unless you're confident your carrier will get you out. There's a big outfit in northern Cali sucking up loads within 200 mi at rates that are barley break even.

As a team in a van you guys are somewhat insulated. Not too many people want to cram into a sardine can with their spouse. You'll always be cheaper than a straight. So you can keep rolling ...

Besides the fact that my better half is practically convinced I have corona virus based on the cities I've been to recently, even thought I'm not sick. :dash2:

I told her not to worry ... I've never been famous but I could be infamous. :jester:
Breaking News: Man Possibly Contaminates Millions While Driving Thru 18+ States in 2 Week Span!
Last couple trips up to Seattle we had a LOT of trouble getting out. Cali still holds well for teams. Texas is getting useless now. Houston OK, we stay away from Laredo but DFW has become a fight on rates. Friday AM Sylectus showed almost 50 Vans/Sprinter/Small Straight.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Knot happy because you haven't seen your first check, OR, knot happy because the clock is limiting your total miles?

A combination of doing too much unpaid work as a employee, lower then expected pay, computer dispatch stupidity, and next to no free time unless I run out of hours has been getting to me.
The biggest thing I didn't realise is how time consuming this job is. Putting in 16 hr days, where every waking moment revolves around this job, is a hard adjustment. I can't say I haven't been asking myself, why are you doing this again? :oops:

But hey, at least I'm busy :rolleyes:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
A combination of doing too much unpaid work as a employee, lower then expected pay, computer dispatch stupidity, and next to no free time unless I run out of hours has been getting to me.
The biggest thing I didn't realise is how time consuming this job is. Putting in 16 hr days, where every waking moment revolves around this job, is a hard adjustment. I can't say I haven't been asking myself, why are you doing this again? :oops:

But hey, at least I'm busy :rolleyes:
Having been a "Worn-out manager" and knot a "real" trucker, other than the 11 hours driving, 14 hours in service, what crap work is yours to do? I assume that when not driving the other 3 hours are unpaid hours.

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good news, gas prices are getting lower, bad news, 401K's taking a bit.
View attachment 19836

Saudi's are putting the screws to everyone, specifically Russia. Don't wanna cut production to raise prices? OK, let's flood the market and tank the prices! Saudis will still make money at $10 a barrel. Oil dependent economies are gonna be crying in a week ...

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Saudi's are putting the screws to everyone, specifically Russia. Don't wanna cut production to raise prices? OK, let's flood the market and tank the prices! Saudis will still make money at $10 a barrel. Oil dependent economies are gonna be crying in a week ...
I don't know how people think that Saudi isn't oil dependent. They couldn't hang with us a couple of years ago when they tried that crap.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know how people think that Saudi isn't oil dependent. They couldn't hang with us a couple of years ago when they tried that crap.

If it wasn't clear, the point I was attempting to make was concerning costs of production. How much does it cost to get a barrel of oil from:

1. Saudi sand
2. Siberia
3. Texas ground
4. Gulf of Mexico
5. US shale
6. The North Atlantic

Not sure what the break even price for fracking is now. Below $40 per barrel for an extended period of time might stop fracking for awhile.

Of course the Saudi's are oil dependent but they still make money at .. idk .. $10-$20 per barrel. Any other country making money on oil at that price? This isn't the 1970s and OPEC isn't what it used to be but they still have a crap load of oil.

MBS is having a moment right now, domestically, and the little girls on Wall St are wetting their pants. Let's see where this goes ...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good news, gas prices are getting lower, bad news, 401K's taking a bit.
View attachment 19836
That's why some people "sold " while Stocks were high and now have invested in Real Estate which in turn give a more Stable return on your money, instead of depending on so called Stock Market experts playing with your money..

sent from my Recliner..

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I may have misread, but, OPEC & Russia had an agreement to hold production down to keep prices up. My read was that Russia withdrew from the agreement because we (USA) were getting too much of a boost from better pricing. Russia has committed to increase their production and exports and now Saudi will match.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I may have misread, but, OPEC & Russia had an agreement to hold production down to keep prices up. My read was that Russia withdrew from the agreement because we (USA) were getting too much of a boost from better pricing. Russia has committed to increase their production and exports and now Saudi will match.

Article from The Moscow Times?

• Haha
Reactions: ntimevan and Ragman