second chance

Revt

New Recruit
Driver
I failed a pre employment drug test and now noone will even give me the time of day does ANYONE know of a company who would still be willing to hire me? or give me a second chance I cant get experience if noone will hire me...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thank you for your excessive helpfulness.
I guess I should have been less subtle. No, nobody is going to touch you. The insurance companies won't let them. Failing a planned drug test goes directly to judgement, And that kind of bad judgment is more of a risk than they have to take. There are simply too many other potential drivers who won't fail a pre-employment screening to take such a chance.

Last edited:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess I should have been less subtle. No, nobody is going to touch you. The insurance companies won't let them. Failing a planned drug test goes directly to judgement, Ave they kind of bad judgment is more of a risk than they have to take. There are simply too many other potential drivers who won't fail a pre-employment screening to take such a chance.
I dont know, at the rate that states are legalizing dope, that pool of potential drivers is shrinking every day.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I failed a pre employment drug test and now noone will even give me the time of day does ANYONE know of a company who would still be willing to hire me? or give me a second chance I cant get experience if noone will hire me...

What exactly did you fail for?
What are you or were you takin'?

Revt

New Recruit
Driver
"Just" as opposed to being a crackhead? a heroin addict? a methhead?

I also used the word "just" meaning that was the only drug.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"Just" as opposed to being a crackhead? a heroin addict? a methhead?

I also used the word "just" meaning that was the only drug.

Hate to point out the obvious ... well no I don't .... :JC-hysterical:

If you failed a pre-employment drug test, then you are a crackhead! It means you can't control yourself. Go find another job ....

Revt

New Recruit
Driver
the point is i'm not the first person in the entire country to fail. There are truckers who return to work with other companies.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I waited 6 weeks and failed by a narrow margin. thanks for the judgment.

Well then ... you're not very bright.
Ever think of self testing yourself prior to the test?
What you don't want to do is fail. Which you did. Sooooo ... time to look for another job.

You're welcome!
Best of luck ...

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
You failed after 6 weeks....did you hang around anyone in those 6 weeks that smoke weed?
my fear is you would drive while high......that is just as bad as someone driving while drunk on beer which is why no trucking company will touch you. They don't want that kind of risk when you may be driving a 80,000 pound truck.
I can tell you right now look elsewhere for a job because you more than likely are blacklisted as a safety measure.

Reactions: Grizzly

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
There is also the legal aspect of weed as it is still very illegal to have while crossing state lines. No company wants to have a truck impounded because you had to have your fix......

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok so I have to ask, do you like to smoke weed? Or did you make a mistake, or did you take CBD oil and because they really cant filter out all of the THC it caused a failed test.

I know there isnt but there should be a way for someone to have a second chance, nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes, with being said, if you do like to smoke weed, then like the others have said this isnt the occupation for you.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I waited 6 weeks and failed by a narrow margin. thanks for the judgment.
You "waited" 6 weeks? That doesn't sound like "I quit 6 weeks ago". While a lot of industries have a somewhat relaxed attitude toward pot....trucking doesn't. These companies that you think have hired other failed drug testers are either stories, places you likely wouldn't want to work for or, future un insurable carriers (very near future).