A excellent idea for a van bed

guido4475

Not a Member
I bought a similar bed frame 7 years ago, and it is still working and holding up great, even with how fluffy of a guy I am.... Notice how lightweight this is. But also the weight capacity. Also, the legs on this brand fold up without any tools or wing nuts, unlike others out there. Just a thought.

Reactions: RoadTime and Turtle

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's nice. What do you sleep on when you have three skids and 12 hours before you can deliver in the AM?
When I was at RRE the Motel was paid for by them . (But didn't happen often )
Now at L-1 , I as an O/OP accept or Decline my Loads . But I don't really have the situation come up where loads causes me to temporarily lose my bed . And if the Situation came up with a load causing me to lose my bed , then I will be Heavily Compensated $$$$ to Force me (lol) to sleep in a Hotel room..

...$$$$

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Okay... Seems like a little bit of an inconvenience to have to arrange loads
around that But I guess to all their own. :)

I will agree with the whole 3 pallett thing though, my van can also Carry three pallets. I was averaging about two loads a year that had three pallets. Decided it wasn't worth it so I lowered it to two so I could always have a bed. not to mention other comforts like cabinets and ia AC unit.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's no problem for me , having a Carrier require 144 " of cargo length and 3000 lbs Legal weight capacity. Maybe 1 load a month of 3 skids average , but it's what"That Load " leads to next . Also almost every load is less in pieces and weight at the Shipper . But the Customer orders a 3 skid Sprinter -type van , if they don't need all the space , great . Customer is happy , Carrier is happy and I am happy $$$$ .
I am in this Business to make Money , not to go Camping. Maximize my Profits/loads and still be comfortable while sleeping.
I have a Diesel heater , Generator , AC ,TV .
I drive in my Van ,Sleep in my Van , but I don't live in my Van .

...$$$$

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I had covers to block all the front windows. Worst case scenario, which never came up now that I think about it, I could have slept in the passenger seat with it reclined and done fine for a night and cashed in the following day with the higher paying load.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
It's no problem for me , having a Carrier require 144 " of cargo length and 3000 lbs Legal weight capacity. Maybe 1 load a month of 3 skids average , but it's what"That Load " leads to next . Also almost every load is less in pieces and weight at the Shipper . But the Customer orders a 3 skid Sprinter -type van , if they don't need all the space , great . Customer is happy , Carrier is happy and I am happy $$$$ .
I am in this Business to make Money , not to go Camping. Maximize my Profits/loads and still be comfortable while sleeping.

...$$$$
1 - Sleep? There's no sleeping in expediting princess

2 - fix your profile, it still says RRE

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If there isn't sleeping it isn't being done right. There is often sleeping. And there are sleepless times as well.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Okay... Seems like a little bit of an inconvenience to have to arrange loads
around that But I guess to all their own. :)

I will agree with the whole 3 pallett thing though, my van can also Carry three pallets. I was averaging about two loads a year that had three pallets. Decided it wasn't worth it so I lowered it to two so I could always have a bed. not to mention other comforts like cabinets and ia AC unit.

Oh my God! He can be civil.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Oh my God! He can be civil.

Lol civil? Coming from the guy who has expressed desires(which could be transcended to premeditation) of intentionally causing accidents because he doesn't like people "driving to close to him"?

I may be an :censoredsign: who doesn't care about your feelings..... But I sure wouldn't cause an accident on purpose because of hurt feelings....

guido4475

Not a Member

...$$$$

I love when I get loaded before others before me because they set their skid capacity at 2 skids because moving a bed is too much of a hassle, ( moving mine from along sidewall to behind seats sidewall to sidewall, or just folding it up, takes less than 4 minutes) only to get to the shipper and it is 3 skids, triple stackable, and light....lol..happens quite a bit, even though they listed the load as 3-48" square skids. Why have one of those roll around a/c units that dont work all that well? I love my 15,000 btu rooftop a/c unit. Strong. Powerful. Turns my van into a freezer even in the heat of Laredo, and the humidty of Mississippi. And it is always out of the way.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Whenever I get 3 skid loads I put my cooler between the seats, put a pillow on top, then lay my sleeping bag across the seats and cooler/pillow.

I’ve slept in worse situations. It’s a shorter bed for sure, and less comfortable, but like the rest of you, that happens maybe once a month on average.

It’s a inconvenience, but it’s not a real problem, so often as it happens sporadically.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Lol civil? Coming from the guy who has expressed desires(which could be transcended to premeditation) of intentionally causing accidents because he doesn't like people "driving to close to him"?

I may be an :censoredsign: who doesn't care about your feelings..... But I sure wouldn't cause an accident on purpose because of hurt feelings....

I knew it it was just a matter of time. I’m sure that dead jerk who I told you about didn’t expect to cause an accident either.

dalscott

Expert Expediter

You are a :censor sign who obviously doesn’t care about anyone’s feelings. As long as you are having fun, screw everyone else.
I’m not going to go way down to your level by calling you names. Desiring to do something is totally different than actually doing it. Don’t tell me that at some time in your life you haven’t gotten mad and imagined doing something that you really wouldn’t do in real life. Can you understand what I said?

T

TFTN-one3bravo#4

That’s funny, I ran for eight years in an ‘06 Sprinter and got a lot of three skid loads.

Yeah...lol unless we have the same DNA, or are married..... I don't care about your feelings.

You don't get to try to play the moral High ground card.....especially after your comments of admitting that you would purposely cause an accident because of your hurt feelings....

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Yeah...lol unless we have the same DNA, or are married..... I don't care about your feelings.

You don't get to try to play the moral High ground card.....especially after your comments of admitting that you would purposely cause an accident because of your hurt feelings....

I guess my answer to that stupid remark on that was just to much for your extremely feeble brain of yours, so realizing that it is way too much for you to understand anything at all, I won’t even try. Please grow up!