March 2019 .. Locations & More

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow $100 million! "All told, approximately 19,000 current and former Swift drivers may be eligible to join the class. That means an average payout of approximately $5,000 per class member." Um, let's see. I better take my shoes off for this one. $100,000, 000 ÷ 19,000 = $5,263. Yep, that's approximately $5,000 per class member. Apparently the law firm that brought about this class action suit is doing it pro bono. What a wonderful group of attorneys! o_O
I dislike large companies that make you pay insurance, plates, tolls, truck payments, fuel, maintenance, and take responsibility for fines or shortages, while telling you what to pick up, where to go, what you will wear, free advertising decal on your truck, and when you are to buy a new one again. All this while forbidding you to take your own freight and saving all.the employees payroll taxes, making the "employee" pay for that too on his taxes

What the drivers got out of it, I wasn't even considering. They shouldn't have done it in the first place.

$100,000,000 tends to make the higher ups in a company realize they did something wrong. (Well unless they're a bank or investment company)

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We had a similar lawsuit against former version of the company I work with.

The change came as I'm allowed to find my own freight (otherwise I'd be an employee not o / o) but so far this year as I made myself ready to do just that, they've noticed and fed me some very lucrative business in just the places I wanted it.

See how that works now? Better for everyone. Carrier needs to compete with the market for the driver, or they miss out

I gotta wonder about you silent independents bidding down the freight so far, I can give 35% to my carrier and still earn more per mile...careful out there

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
People must be enjoying st paddys day...no posts

Just found out as a self employed contractor I can issue my own hazmat certificate and training (rather than have it tied to my employer)

Suddenly it just got interesting enough to obtain

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its more about being flat out lied to. I loathe liars, and cant stand being lied to to get me to do something. Makes me wanna :censoredsign:*ing puke. The trust is now broken.
I hope that wasn't a trucking related statement or we'll have to send you back to the noobie forum :pokepoke:

Nice 300 mile shorty ending near my house. Gosh it will be nice to get my first solid pay.

4000 past oil change, black death in one cylinder and broken right wiper. Eating noodles

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy Monday! Best way to start a week here at Crossroads Express - heading down the highway and getting paid to do it. After a weekend in Indy we won an all expenses paid trip to Jersey, although many wouldn't consider that winning.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Jersey , that's a Milk Cow to some ...
Relaxing here with my feet up ..1552950243053.jpeg

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
AM delivery done. Napped. Woke up with a feeling of purpose that the wife couldn't shake (I'm working more than I post here)

Going to finish my hazmat cert, then audit my pays vs runs this year...

Briefly checked local news. All the talk is about recession. Whatever, I choose not to participate. GOV't business coming :p There are no recessions with money you make out of thin air

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
AM delivery done. Napped. Woke up with a feeling of purpose that the wife couldn't shake (I'm working more than I post here)

Going to finish my hazmat cert, then audit my pays vs runs this year...

Briefly checked local news. All the talk is about recession. Whatever, I choose not to participate. GOV't business coming There are no recessions with money you make out of thin air
Expediting - Money for nothing and you chicks for free.

Just ask Ntimevan. Check YouTube if you don't believe me. Lots of videos show how easy Expediting is. Expediting 101, buy a 15 year old van, add it to your home owners insurance, then post questions about who you should sign on with or where you get loads.

Mark, you're making me cynical

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app