January 2019 NewYear of the # 1

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well we sure want it too. I think the biggest challenge is their are so many different phones and so many different settings on each phone that it is often hard if we can’t replicate the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Started out the day waiting for a shower, (23 in front of me), than do my usual Sunday morning generator oil change, check van fluids and tire pressure checks. Mailed BOL'S. Looking forward to the life altering experience of the Laredo Golden Corral.

Golden Corral is closed for remodeling. A sign from above, obviously.

Had to settle for Texas Roadhouse.

Than back to running errands today. Beautiful weather. If I didn't need to be home by Friday for Moms birthday I'd stay here till spring.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I did two loads this week. A total of 620 miles. This may rank as my worst week in 10 years.
Hopefully things get rolling tomorrow.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app
I did two loads this week also. I had one long run that really helped me and this one I'm on gave me a good week. After I deliver this one Monday morning I'll have to do some DH for sure!

guido4475

Not a Member
Good Monday late morning to all. Hoping we see dry roads and higher freight volumes this week!

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

I hope so too! I'm thinking with the Texas salesman down here the 3 of us here in Laredo, the 1 in Corpus Christi, and the 1 in Dallas and El Paso should be moving in no time...

Getting bored. Greased van, changed fuel filter...wiped down interior cab area..shampooed seats and carpet...polishing wheels next..

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Saturday I did decide to watch a Shirley Temple movie. The one that came to mind most and was available on Prime was The Little Princess (1939). It must have been a really long time since I've seen it. I could have sworn I saw it last in black and white, and all I could find were in color. Since I can't stand to watch colorized films, I did a little researching, I found out that this was her 1st film completely done in Technicolor, and was also her last successful film as a child.

Maybe last time I saw it was on a B&W TV :rolleyes:

The movie had to be paused as I got a load. Ohio to North Carolina.
I didn't have the curtains drawn very long, so was pretty surprised to now see a blanket of snow. Lovely :rolleyes:

I got a call on the way to pick-up that the package (a small light box) was being left for me in a certain spot, so no need to rush. Which was good, but still wanted try to stay out of the heart of the storm path as much as possible.

While on the toll road it wasn't to bad at all, after the toll roads not very fun ;)

Although the snow was not very heavy on my route, it was enough to keep the roads covered, and play my favorite game of Where's the Road? :eek:

Besides not always knowing where the road was, icy was increasingly becoming more problematic.
It took a whole lot longer then I was expecting, to finally just turn to rain. Took an extra +3 hours to reach destination Sunday morning due to the weather, but still made it 30 minutes early to hear my favorite, "oh, we weren't expecting this till later tonight" :rolleyes:

After a nap, finished the movie and watched the football playoff games I missed.

Odd thing about the movie, I remembered the ending being somewhat different, like a whole scene was deleted o_O
I guess it has been a long time since I've seen it ;)

guido4475

Not a Member
Saturday I did decide to watch a Shirley Temple movie. The one that came to mind most and was available on Prime was The Little Princess (1939). It must have been a really long time since I've seen it. I could have sworn I saw it last in black and white, and all I could find were in color. Since I can't stand to watch colorized films, I did a little researching, I found out that this was her 1st film completely done in Technicolor, and was also her last successful film as a child.

Maybe last time I saw it was on a B&W TV :rolleyes:

The movie had to be paused as I got a load. Ohio to North Carolina.
I didn't have the curtains drawn very long, so was pretty surprised to now see a blanket of snow. Lovely :rolleyes:

I got a call on the way to pick-up that the package (a small light box) was being left for me in a certain spot, so no need to rush. Which was good, but still wanted try to stay out of the heart of the storm path as much as possible.

While on the toll road it wasn't to bad at all, after the toll roads not very fun ;)

Although the snow was not very heavy on my route, it was enough to keep the roads covered, and play my favorite game of Where's the Road? :eek:

Besides not always knowing where the road was, icy was increasingly becoming more problematic.
It took a whole lot longer then I was expecting, to finally just turn to rain. Took an extra +3 hours to reach destination Sunday morning due to the weather, but still made it 30 minutes early to hear my favorite, "oh, we weren't expecting this till later tonight" :rolleyes:

After a nap, finished the movie and watched the football playoff games I missed.

Odd thing about the movie, I remembered the ending being somewhat different, like a whole scene was deleted o_O
I guess it has been a long time since I've seen it ;)

Lmao.....I watched "The Devils Rejects" last night...lol

What a contrast....lmao...

guido4475

Not a Member
I cant believe I just broke my record of not coming out of Laredo for freight rate :censoredsign: rates....lol but its light, and gets me somewhat close to home in time to see Mom on her birthday. That's the only reason I took this load..

And I'm sure John will be relieved that I will be silent the next few days...lol

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I cant believe I just broke my record of not coming out of Laredo for freight rate :censoredsign: rates....lol but its light, and gets me somewhat close to home in time to see Mom on her birthday. That's the only reason I took this load..

And I'm sure John will be relieved that I will be silent the next few days...lol
Hey, the rate works for you. That's all that matters.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

guido4475

Not a Member

Hey, the rate works for you. That's all that matters.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

No, it actually doesnt. Trust me. It's not sitting well with me. Kinda like picking up a wildebeast at a bar and taking her home and waking up the next morning screaming. Or, for a better example, see the included video clip...lmao..But the reason makes it worth it.

And, of course, the freight is still in Mexico. Imagine that...smh..

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning gang. Yeah freight is not coming out of the gate strong this week again to start. Operations is doing ALL they can and then some. We have recently reorganized into a complete customer team structure which we feel will enhance the customer experience and relationship level and help to increase the securement rate. Its a more expensive set up staff wise but I am hopeful the increased freight capture rate will offset the expense down the road.

Another day....another plane for me.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ahh, nothing like a well executed plan :rolleyes:

Getting low on food and not having great options, I made a grocery run to the nearest place.
In this case, it was Food Lion. They are about the last place on my list for shopping, but oh well.
Got most of what I needed, grumbling about the high prices, poor selection and quality.

As I was about to turn left out of the parking lot, I looked right, and couldn't believe what I saw.
About half a block down was a freaking Walmart :mad:

DfKL_yPX4AAAaPG.jpg

I said some pretty choice words when I saw the sign :D
Apparently, it was not listed on my GPS, and I definitely was not looking for one. It was a small one, but still had everything. So, I picked up the remaining items I needed, wishing I could take my food back to Food Lion and start over :rolleyes:

I'm really surprised that the Food Lion is still in business with a Walmart practically across the street. Another reason I was not looking for one, they seldom coexist. A grocery store that close to Walmart with higher prices and poor quality, isn't going to be around for long. I know if I lived here, I would never shop there...at least not again ;)

Reactions: ntimevan

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Load One is the Leader in customer service! I can't tell you how many times at the pickup and or delivery that customers love having us handling there freight! Now days you have to be creative and think out of the box a bit to Capture / Captivate the person and or business.

Got the van serviced and got done alot sooner than I expected. Now I've got a problem, where do I go? Van's sitting everywhere and freight is slow. I know where to go but I'm thinking someone going to beat me there, LOL.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now I've got a problem, where do I go? Van's sitting everywhere and freight is slow. I know where to go but I'm thinking someone going to beat me there, LOL.

I hear ya. Anywhere I could go is stacked up with long sitters. No point in moving closer to them...yet :rolleyes:
Maybe, I'll get lucky being out of the mix.

At least that's what I tell myself ;)