2010 Hino 258 rollback A/C, Radio? Issue, please help. Truck down

roadmasterstowing

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello
I have a hino 258 rollback. Truck has 282k on it. While cleaning and doing PM the other day, my driver noticed that the blower motor was really low, he tapped it a few times, and it went back to normal. Then it stopped. Brought the truck to the shop, and the techs replaced blower motor, and now the blower motor is running at correct speed, but no cold air coming out. Switch works, the ac light button is on, and they found that the aftermarket radio is dead. Any ideas?????

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
What year is the truck?

The AC switches are known to burn out, taking out it's connector and wires at the same time.

Check both the radio fuse and the room light fuse. Oddly enough, the room light fuse partially powers both the radio and the AC compressor. For a 2008 truck anyway. I'm taking a shot in the dark on the year.

Last edited:

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What year is the truck?

The AC switches are known to burn out, taking out it's connector and wires at the same time.

Check both the radio fuse and the room light fuse. Oddly enough, the room light fuse partially powers both the radio and the AC compressor. For a 2008 truck anyway. I'm taking a shot in the dark on the year.
Going by the title of the thread, I believe his truck is a 2010.

Andyinchville1

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
No AC? NO radio? ....Truck is STILL functional ....
Go out and make some $$ and tell your helper you won't them charge extra for the free sauna !

OR

You could be nice and check the refrigerant level (if it's not properly charged or leaked out), the blower will work but the AC compressor won't turn on to make things cool...

Good luck.

Techmaster

Rookie Expediter
Mechanic
Also the actuator that controls the temperature blend door could be jammed or dead, turn the key on, fan to level 1, turn the temp from cold to hot and carefully try to listen if you can hear the motor moving or clicking if jammed up

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Also the actuator that controls the temperature blend door could be jammed or dead, turn the key on, fan to level 1, turn the temp from cold to hot and carefully try to listen if you can hear the motor moving or clicking if jammed up
Hino trucks actually do NOT use an actuator for the blend or mode doors. Its just a cable operated setup. The heat and mode selector should move freely from left to right. Is the cabin air filter plugged? Is the A/C belt loose or even there?. Did the a/c work before this happened?.