Load One July- Feel the Power!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess I finished the books with too much time left, spent the rest of the afternoon painting outside. Sitting outside waiting for coats to dry.

75F sure feels nice after the heat blast we had. Heck, even the irritating sounds from the ice cream truck didn't bother me (as much).

Guess it was a pretty good day

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Afternoon Load One live from Chick-fil-A! Well it's been a interesting few days that's for sure. My load that picked up Sunday morning got pushed back to Monday morning then late Monday afternoon. Got it early and delivered it early as well.

While I was on that load got preplanned on a load picking up Monday morning. Got to the shipper and the load that I was waiting on was late. Long story short the load cancelled. Went to Walmart for a nap and Neil came up with a good July 4th load! So far this week has turned out to be good! Hoping for something Thursday or Friday!

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Evening Load One live from Fuddruckers! Yes I did Mr. E! Parents were glad to see me as they said LOL. Got my load off 24hrs early. Time to head to ATF for a shower then bed. Hoping for something tomorrow to finish out on a good week!

butch lusk

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
That feeling when Suzanne has your freight cleared before you even pick it up.

Thats always nice when that happens.

Reactions: DollarSign

butch lusk

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good Evening Load One live from Fuddruckers! Yes I did Mr. E! Parents were glad to see me as they said LOL. Got my load off 24hrs early. Time to head to ATF for a shower then bed. Hoping for something tomorrow to finish out on a good week!
Must be nice to enjoy those real nice meals but its not a Whataburger!

Reactions: SWTexas1

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not much excitement today. Getting tires rotated then (maybe some grocery shopping), then back to chilling at the crib ;)

I did upgrade my van bed yesterday. I had my doubts after many mediocre attempts to achieve the level of comfort I wanted without breaking the bank. Finally got the last peace of the puzzle in place with a good foundation mattress.

Now the only down side is, the most comfortable bed I've ever had, is in my van :rolleyes:

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Sunday Afternoon Load One! I had a good week this despite the Holiday this week and I'm glad I stayed in service. "Jake at Load One" LOL called with a HOTT load at midnight yesterday. You just never know in this business.

Got a call yesterday from Tim with a Monday pick up. The load must be on hold cause didn't see it booked or missed. It might show up Monday or get another call on it. Just have to wait and see! Everyone enjoy the day and stay safe!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Funny, I felt like I accomplished a lot today. But in reality I did very little, with less planned for Monday.
Oh well, guess that's why it's called a vacation :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello Tuesday! Rebuilt seat installed and it feels like a whole different truck now. I can't believe I didn't do it sooner.

John, when we go OOS we choose a reason (sleep, repairs etc) does dispatch see that? I went OOS for sleep and shut my phone off. When I woke up, went in service and turned the phone on I had messages with load offers from the middle of the night. I don't normally shut my phone off.....so I would have been awakened with calls in this case.

Reactions: Treadmill

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello Tuesday! Rebuilt seat installed and it feels like a whole different truck now. I can't believe I didn't do it sooner.

John, when we go OOS we choose a reason (sleep, repairs etc) does dispatch see that? I went OOS for sleep and shut my phone off. When I woke up, went in service and turned the phone on I had messages with load offers from the middle of the night. I don't normally shut my phone off.....so I would have been awakened with calls in this case.

I've often wondered about that.