17’ Transit 2mpg boost

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've just seen it listed as "high mileage vehicles" as being severe duty, again with no mileage number given.
The reason no mileage number was given for high mileage vehicles is the odometers wear out or turn over.:D

Reactions: Turtle

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
While everyone thinks I’m crazy on the extra money for the fuel remember I’m used to a 22-23 mpg NCV3 sprinter @$4 a gallon diesel and crazy oil prices ... dropping the maintenance cost and buying expensive fuel I’m still batting in the same neighborhood overall cost wise .... but man I miss that old POS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't think you're crazy, there's guys like you and Moot (and others) that are very technically oriented and numbers aware. Then there's me, I drive until it needs gas, I put gas in, then I drive until it needs gas. Many would say I'm the crazy one?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not very technically oriented or computer savvy. I keep track of the numbers and my wife does the spreadsheet thing. My biggest cost is fuel and I have some control over that so I keep a close watch on it.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't think you're crazy, there's guys like you and Moot (and others) that are very technically oriented and numbers aware. Then there's me, I drive until it needs gas, I put gas in, then I drive until it needs gas. Many would say I'm the crazy one?

You Crazy, the Jury is still out on that one .

NO, i don 't own a 2017 Transit or plan on driving 1 , but i do appreciate (in-transit) putting the info on EO for topic discussion.
It's a good thing Yadier Molina doesn't drive a Transit.

(somebody'll get that)
Now , as for Cardinals catcher (possible future Hall of Fame) Yadier Molina . I watched the game live on TV . And i am not a Cardinal fan , but a Baseball fan/high school player and a 15 year player /coach in recreational ball after high school .
Turtle , i find your attempt at Childish Humor towards a Very Severe Injury in very bad taste.
As men , yes , when we see someone take a shot to the Groin , we smile or wince in pain. But what happened to Molina was horrifying.

As Head Moderator of EO , you are leading by example.
But not always a good one.

H8trs gonna H8

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As always I constantly tinker, with everything ! After MATS I put my airtabs on AND performed a tune up. I used Motorcraft 534 plugs but did a little old school thought I gapped them at .024 instead of .032! The old wives tale was more power smaller gap thinking why not this 16-17 is killing me how can I make it any worse I did it . Over the last 10k my average went from 16.8 to 19.1 by hand running 93 octane . I used to be able to hypermile 20 our of it for 200 or 300 mile burst but most recently I was able to hit 24mpg at 53mph for just under 300 miles! Going into summer the A/C will be an impact but everything we can do helps!

Warning! do not use a normal gap tool on iridium plugs!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Am I glad not changing from diesel to gas...
Seems like fuels are catching up to 2008 prices, but premium already surpassed diesel by more than a quarter.
My 2013 Sprinter 3.0 still chugging along at 19.4 average (21 best condition loaded). No modification of any kind, just tried and true stock configuration.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I'm not very technically oriented or computer savvy. I keep track of the numbers and my wife does the spreadsheet thing. My biggest cost is fuel and I have some control over that so I keep a close watch on it.
And I applaud you guys, just not me.

Wife:. We need milk
Me:. OK (I pick up milk)
Wife: How much was it
Me: I don't know
Wife: Did you check the date
Me:. I got the one in front

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Seems like fuels are catching up to 2008 prices, but premium already surpassed diesel by more than a quarter.
My 2013 Sprinter 3.0 still chugging along at 19.4 average (21 best condition loaded). No modification of any kind, just tried and true stock configuration.

Yeah, I was pretty shocked while in Chicago last week, Found regular gas costing more then diesel o_O
Thought about taking a picture, because I didn't believe it :D

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Yeah, I was pretty shocked while in Chicago last week, Found regular gas costing more then diesel o_O
Thought about taking a picture, because I didn't believe it :D
That’s the way it is suppose to be because gas is a byproduct of diesel. Lol

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And like Your Original post ..
Off Topic..
Another fine example.
emoji187.png
That's not really your call to make. Replying that you think the humor is in bad taste is fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But instead of leaving it at that, you had to take a shot at me personally. It's getting old. You've become more trouble than you're worth. At the very least, you're done with trying to hijack this thread.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
While us diesel owners may cheer the fuel prices changing and our better mileage.. we can't forget that comes with an upfront cost of buying the diesel engine in the first place...and if your making payments on the van it can add up to quite a cost.

Some of the RV hauling guys (not many but a few I've talked to) are buying gas powered trucks instead of the $10k diesel option. The extra cost and interest dollars don't exceed the fuel savings for some of them now.