2017 MB Sprinter extended warranty

Pyndyk

Rookie Expediter
Fleet Owner
i don't see a problem for 750 a day average...IF one runs into a nest of loads for like that 4 days or so....anything longer then that is starting to wear on a person...just the grind of it...A steady diet of 750's in a row....not so much...IMO
As an average ... ok fine, but he claims 3000 in 4 days. One does not even have time to poop at 3000 in 4 days.
actually at 60 mph average...13 hrs a day drive time... 15 hrs a day at 50 still leaves 9 hrs a day...
I know the math works, but in reality........
It was his first week and he is only 25 yo, still plenty of energy. Maybe next week will take it slower. On average all our drivers put more than 3K miles weekly. They are on the road for 3-4 weeks straight.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
As an average ... ok fine, but he claims 3000 in 4 days. One does not even have time to poop at 3000 in 4 days.
actually at 60 mph average...13 hrs a day drive time... 15 hrs a day at 50 still leaves 9 hrs a day...
It was his first week and he is only 25 yo, still plenty of energy. Maybe next week will take it slower. On average all our drivers put more than 3K miles weekly. They are on the road for 3-4 weeks straight.
thats cool.......life is all about choices...good luck out there...:)

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"In reality" ... we all know it's not a cookie cutter schedule. 3,000 mi in 4 days does not equal 750 per day. We take it as it comes. Most have done lots of miles over a few day stretch.

Just keep the per mi rate up! It's possible to run more miles at a good rate ... no need to get shafted for "more miles" ...

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan and Pyndyk

Pyndyk

Rookie Expediter
Fleet Owner
Let us know after 6 months if you're kicking yourself for not investing in Real Estate ..

I’m not expecting to make a lot of money; I have other sources of income including RE. I just want to learn the industry and maybe move up to 18 wheelers. Sprinter van is the lowest risk option with almost zero $ investment; so far out of pocket investment is $2K.

Attachments

• 47F331E5-111C-463E-A077-03F605984876.jpeg
    47F331E5-111C-463E-A077-03F605984876.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 22
  • E3BC5A7F-E2E9-474E-A1D5-CB4A98749A62.jpeg
    E3BC5A7F-E2E9-474E-A1D5-CB4A98749A62.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 08F2BF58-D473-4125-8FAE-B9ED3010AFB4.jpeg
    08F2BF58-D473-4125-8FAE-B9ED3010AFB4.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Reactions: brokcanadian

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’m not expecting to make a lot of money; I have other sources of income including RE. I just want to learn the industry and maybe move up to 18 wheelers. Sprinter van is the lowest risk option with almost zero $ investment; so far out of pocket investment is $2K.
$2000.. investment..?
Was the $50,000 Sprinter given to you ..?
24 " bed with No Mattress .. No insulation in van ..
No AC in van..
Good Luck Retaining Drivers .. in my opinion...
No Offense... But does your Driver work for a Slum Lord ..

All aboard the Freight Train

Pyndyk

Rookie Expediter
Fleet Owner
$2000.. investment..?
Was the $50,000 Sprinter given to you ..?
24 " bed with No Mattress .. No insulation in van ..
No AC in van..
Good Luck Retaining Drivers .. in my opinion...
No Offense... But does your Driver work for a Slum Lord ..

I’m talking about initial investment; van payments are operating expense; there is a 4 inch mattress, blankets, Pillow and a sleeping bag; installed heater as well. Keeps 70 degrees temperature with no issues.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"In reality" ... we all know it's not a cookie cutter schedule. 3,000 mi in 4 days does not equal 750 per day. We take it as it comes. Most have done lots of miles over a few day stretch.

Just keep the per mi rate up! It's possible to run more miles at a good rate ... no need to get shafted for "more miles" ...

I see a heavy turnover coming. They will eventually get burned out. JMHO.

Pyndyk

Rookie Expediter
Fleet Owner

You could be right; he is on his way to Laredo from Chicago and then loading again to Visalia, CA (7,000 miles in 9 days)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You could be right; he is on his way to Laredo from Chicago and then loading again to Visalia, CA (7,000 miles in 9 days)
Well then i know the rate to Ca. isn't $ .85 plus ... because this place is Packed ... and i know another EO member was offered a load back to the NE.. and he told them $ .75 a mile and they (broker) laughed at him.... so ... we can Now understand the Rest Of The Story ...

Reactions: piper1 and ucfd608

Pyndyk

Rookie Expediter
Fleet Owner
Well then i know the rate to Ca. isn't $ .85 plus ... because this place is Packed ... and i know another EO member was offered a load back to the NE.. and he told them $ .75 a mile and they (broker) laughed at him.... so ... we can Now understand the Rest Of The Story ...

It’s 0.95 to CA for this trip. I know that come back it will be lower.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
To the van ...? I and several other Long Time EO members will have to call BS on that rate i have been is this business almost 15 years and You been in it what 45 days .. and claiming 95 cents to the van out of Laredo ... BS
The driver i mentioned before couldn't get 80 cents to Los Angeles, Ca ...on load offer not 2 hours ago ...

Reactions: piper1

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I see a heavy turnover coming. They will eventually get burned out.

i know you probably know this but how would you feel having your driver crash and kill himself and maybe others hanging over your head the rest of your life. IMHO 7000 miles in 9 days will wear this kid out. Also DOT will be watching him as he weaves all over the road. I see it happening all the time. He will be one of the ones that ruin it for everybody else when DOT regulates us van drivers. Just something to think about. Enough said. I am off my soapbox.

Pyndyk

Rookie Expediter
Fleet Owner
To the van ...? I and several other Long Time EO members will have to call BS on that rate i have been is this business almost 15 years and You been in it what 45 days .. and claiming 95 cents to the van out of Laredo ... BS
The driver i mentioned before couldn't get 80 cents to Los Angeles, Ca ...on load offer not 2 hours ago ...

I guess I have relationship with a better shipper. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Currently I work with 4 shippers and refuse loads that dont meet my minimum threshold.

Last edited:

Pyndyk

Rookie Expediter
Fleet Owner

I see a heavy turnover coming. They will eventually get burned out.

i know you probably know this but how would you feel having your driver crash and kill himself and maybe others hanging over your head the rest of your life. IMHO 7000 miles in 9 days will wear this kid out. Also DOT will be watching him as he weaves all over the road. I see it happening all the time. He will be one of the ones that ruin it for everybody else when DOT regulates us van drivers. Just something to think about. Enough said. I am off my soapbox.
He has enough time to sleep for about 7 hours daily, plus breaks for food. He doesn’t have time to watch NFL games or post on forums but the driver is fine and alert. Some people just work more than others.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess I have relationship with a better shipper. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Currently I work with 4 shippers and refuse loads that dont meet my minimum threshold.
Again you don't Have a Better Shipper than mine ( Active Aero ) ... Maybe you have a Broker who cuts corners on insurance / legal requirements to help get loads .... or over loads your sprinter ... freight weight wise... which is under 2850 lbs from factory .. without driver /personal items /fuel in tank ... so lets say you have 2,400 left available for legal freight carring weight ... we have seen hundreds of guys like you come on EO and inform us how great your system is working .. thats fine we like seeing people succeed... but don't rub our face in it and expect no response...