2017 MB Sprinter extended warranty

Pyndyk

Rookie Expediter
Fleet Owner
I guess I have relationship with a better shipper. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Currently I work with 4 shippers and refuse loads that dont meet my minimum threshold.
Again you don't Have a Better Shipper than mine ( Active Aero ) ... Maybe you have a Broker who cuts corners on insurance / legal requirements to help get loads .... or over loads your sprinter ... freight weight wise... which is under 2850 lbs from factory .. without driver /personal items /fuel in tank ... so lets say you have 2,400 left available for legal freight carring weight ... we have seen hundreds of guys like you come on EO and inform us how great your system is working .. thats fine we like seeing people succeed... but don't rub our face in it and expect no response...

All aboard the Freight Train

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
talking rates always get messy...there are so many brokered loads and then there is the direct customers with almost contract rates and then there is a preferred carrier status as well....rates out of Laredo can vary ....with L1 I got some great rates even with no parking spot conditions....OUR customer.....then the next time got laughed at for wanting even .75.....there is too many and I mean too many variables to say one way or the other...I myself wouldn't call anyone out....because Ntime you are going to get your rate outta there and someone will say bull....on that too...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
talking rates always get messy...there are so many brokered loads and then there is the direct customers with almost contract rates and then there is a preferred carrier status as well....rates out of Laredo can vary ....with L1 I got some great rates even with no parking spot conditions....OUR customer.....then the next time got laughed at for wanting even .75.....there is too many and I mean too many variables to say one way or the other...I myself wouldn't call anyone out....because Ntime you are going to get your rate outta there and someone will say bull....on that too...
Well i questioned the rates because of Posters short history on EO ... from unknown to claiming now Top of Food Chain with no experience in this business ... last thursday he posted his driver was picking up Friday in Detroit for Laredo ... thats fine
Then on Saturday says driver picked up in Chicago to Laredo for 90 + cents .. so which is it .. story changes..
My guess load ...was always Chicago to Laredo at 90 cents. good rate .
But now add 300 mile dead head from Detroit to Chicago for No Money ... hmmm
1400 miles x .90 = $1260..
Add 300 D H. =0.00
1,700 miles = $1260..
$1260 ÷ 1700 miles = 74 cents a mile ...
Thats has Always been my Point for years ... All Mile Rate

And you Ovm know thats the Dollar amount that I ONLY care about ..

Reactions: RoadTime and Ragman

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well i questioned the rates because of Posters short history on EO ... from unknown to claiming now Top of Food Chain with no experience in this business ... last thursday he posted his driver was picking up Friday in Detroit for Laredo ... thats fine
Then on Saturday says driver picked up in Chicago to Laredo for 90 + cents .. so which is it .. story changes..
Add 300 D H. =0.00
1,700 miles = $1260..

Reactions: Ragman

Pyndyk

Rookie Expediter
Fleet Owner
Add 300 D H. =0.00
1,700 miles = $1260..

You are off on your calculations; from Detroit I took a load to Wisconsin at $1.03, then dead headed 120 miles to Chicago for $50 and then to Laredo.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Add 300 D H. =0.00
1,700 miles = $1260..

You are off on your calculations; from Detroit I took a load to Wisconsin at $1.03, then dead headed 120 miles to Chicago for $50 and then to Laredo.
Details all in the details... :)

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My history with Fedex is they’d rather pay an approved carrier a buck and make their van guy think they couldn’t pay him .90.
This will keep him from trying to get more in the future.
I’ve wondered if they figure by reducing the liability by putting in on an AC , the $1 to him is the same as the .80 to their van ?

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I suggest the warranty.
For 2 reasons.
1) The new evidence that has surfaced that he will not be driving it himself.
2) He’s accountant. With money to burn.

Why else would he get in this investment ?
At least he was told the loaded rate is below $1 per mile.
Hi guys, just an update. Currently have 5 vans; 1 Sprinter and 4 Transits. I was off in my calculations - we put about 200K miles per year per van not 150K as I was expecting, last week was the busiest. One guy managed to drive close to 7K mikes. We are working with 5-6 brokers and tend to stay busier than average OO. I’m Looking to add few Straights. Sprinters give me headache and I have to sleep with my phone constantly.

What is your experience with 26’ straights? Do they get plenty of loads? What is the average rate for ST? Let’s say from Charlotte, NC to Laredo the rate is .90-$1 for Sprinter. What would be the rate for a ST? Someone told me it’s pissible to average close to $2 per mile.

ST sounds like a great idea. At least that way you'll be regulated as to how hard you can push your indentured servants.
Solo guy running 6K+ mi per week, you're gonna kill someone.
Go brag somewhere else, no kudos here ...
Un-freakin-believable .....

Reactions: ntimevan