2017 MB Sprinter extended warranty

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm confused also..... in post #14 he says

"I won’t be driving the van; I’m a CPA; the friend of mine has a fleetof about 10 vans; they seems busy - 3,000-5,000 miles per week, per van. He will be running the operation for me. I’ll will just pay$100 weekly fixed fee per van. Hopefully it will work out."

Now he says he did 3000 miles in 4 days.....

I just dont know what to think.

Might just mean that's what the driver did.

Mean while back home

25413e88d2bc41afa62cfddb88930981.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Or maybe ......

monopoly.jpg

Pyndyk

Rookie Expediter
Fleet Owner
I just started my first week and so far so good; 3K miles in 4 days; another 1600 miles for Friday-Sunday from Detroit to Laredo, TX.
Just to make sure I have the story straight ...

You're not operating the vehicle, correct? Is it solo or team operated?

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
I'm confused also..... in post #14 he says

"I won’t be driving the van; I’m a CPA; the friend of mine has a fleetof about 10 vans; they seems busy - 3,000-5,000 miles per week, per van. He will be running the operation for me. I’ll will just pay$100 weekly fixed fee per van. Hopefully it will work out."

Now he says he did 3000 miles in 4 days.....

I just dont know what to think.
Not me... the driver. I keep him busy and It’s good money for him.

Reactions: RoadTime

Pyndyk

Rookie Expediter
Fleet Owner
Whoever is doing your Webasto install....if they are cutting fuel lines on a new Sprinter to feed it...they don't know what they are doing and the resulting fire ball will likely clue them in.
Installed webasto and connected to the 5 gallon jerry type gas can; works great
That kinda sounds dangerous to me. Fumes from fuel would bother me. Are you using a gas or diesel Webasto heater? Don’t understand why you are using a 5 gal can. Sprinters are set up with a fuel line off of fuel tank to run heater. Also what are you using to run heater?
We separated the gas canister from the sleeper; it runs on diesel and is sealed pretty good. It was somewhat complicated to connect to the tank and also I was short on time. Works great - my driver likes it.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just started my first week and so far so good; 3K miles in 4 days; another 1600 miles for Friday-Sunday from Detroit to Laredo, TX.
Don't go all out now and spend all the money you made (if you made any.) Save some cause there will be times when you will be sitting.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
This is play money. I have good paying full time job.
3000 miles in 4 days as a solo?

Is anybody else baffled as i am?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't go all out now and spend all the money you made (if you made any.) Save some cause there will be times when you will be sitting.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
This is play money. I have good paying full time job.

Is anybody else jealous as i am?

Fixed it for you.

Reactions: RoadTime

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

You have been here long enough to know the Law of Expedite Averages ... 3000 in 4 days.. boom sit empty for 4 days ...
Remember Veteran Vanners look at rate for week ..Not Miles...
3000 miles x .60 = $1,800..
2500 miles x .85 = $2125..

Of course My thinking .. not everyones

All aboard the Freight Train

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

You have been here long enough to know the Law of Expedite Averages ... 3000 in 4 days.. boom sit empty for 4 days ...

Its the timeline that i question.

Reactions: ntimevan

Pyndyk

Rookie Expediter
Fleet Owner

So far rates are .85+

Had one load for 488 miles from OH to WI for $500, 40 miles dead head.

Reactions: Grizzly

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its the timeline that i question.
OH... i understand.. unless its a Fellow RRE pushing the Physical driving limits (then i contact Safety) i just look away ... kinda Calais to it after almost 15 years

Reactions: Ragman

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
i don't see a problem for 750 a day average...IF one runs into a nest of loads for like that 4 days or so....anything longer then that is starting to wear on a person...just the grind of it...A steady diet of 750's in a row....not so much...IMO

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

thats my position as well....just because the wheels turn ..Makes a profit NOT.....

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
i don't see a problem for 750 a day average...IF one runs into a nest of loads for like that 4 days or so....anything longer then that is starting to wear on a person...just the grind of it...A steady diet of 750's in a row....not so much...IMO
As an average ... ok fine, but he claims 3000 in 4 days. One does not even have time to poop at 3000 in 4 days.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
As an average ... ok fine, but he claims 3000 in 4 days. One does not even have time to poop at 3000 in 4 days.
actually at 60 mph average...13 hrs a day drive time... 15 hrs a day at 50 still leaves 9 hrs a day...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
actually at 60 mph average...13 hrs a day drive time... 15 hrs a day at 50 still leaves 9 hrs a day...
I know the math works, but in reality........

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know the math works, but in reality........
as in life when circumstances dictate one has to work a bit harder for that brass ring....you know like working a week of double shifts at a factory when they are shorthanded....we do what we do....Believe me Rags I have been there many times...3,000 in 4 days works...its equal to Laredo and return in 4 days.....1500 up and 1500 down...you do sleep well when you are done...