Trump Winning

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Tax bill passes and other republicans are now praising Trump. Looks like he is winning this week and democrats heads are exploding while they are screaming "we are all going to die now". Hilarious as all get out.
It so sad to hear places like AT&T give 1k to each employee and added to their US investment a billion dollars. But they are still going to be killing people. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Turtle

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
AT&T offering $1k, not $41k, I believe.
typo and changed. Darn phone. lol/
On a positive note, new tax law will have us winning personally according to accountant "big league". :D
Crash of that stupid Ocare mandate was a nice stocking stuffer.
Yep Christmas bonuses went up for everyone here this year. :) Not sure if I'm first?:p

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Democrat's heads exploding. That would be great if they could hold off til new year's. Arching out over the white House to splode in colors.
Be cheaper than fireworks.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Dave, I figured it was a typo.
My democratic relative at AT&T would have called me if it wasn’t.

Christmas Bonuses?
I’ll send you my Florida address.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's a $1,000 .... lollipop to middle class workers ... while Trump & all his wealthy friends rake in millions.
Follow the money, right ...?

Reactions: Ragman

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Dems went all Hallmark Movie Channel moment with Tiny Tim losing his crutches and everybody getting a lump of coal in their stockings. What they failed to mention is that with Obama we wouldn't have any miners to mine the coal.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Problem is....his recovery is quickly running out of workers.....at 4%
The Federal Reserve considers a base unemployment rate (the U-3 rate) of 5.0 to 5.2 percent as "full employment" in the economy. The recovery has now achieved that level, known technically as the Non-Accelerating Inflation Rate of Unemployment, or NAIRU.....
its a natural step the wages would go up as companies compete for the scraps left over...
With 401Ks now paying off big time...people retiring will accerate very much again leaving less of a pool to draw from...an aging population as well and Immigration being cut as it has slowed down the pool as well...
unless they increase the pool to draw from all this matters not...they will hit a brick wall...IMO
Now don't get me wrong its about time the corporate rate was lowered and taxes in general...I support this bill
But FOX has been absolutely CNN like, with people blowing smoke and coming up with nonsense numbers in support! Cant they just say its a good thing without all the kind of fake news...

Reactions: Grizzly

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Problem is....his recovery is quickly running out of workers.....at 4%
The Federal Reserve considers a base unemployment rate (the U-3 rate) of 5.0 to 5.2 percent as "full employment" in the economy. The recovery has now achieved that level, known technically as the Non-Accelerating Inflation Rate of Unemployment, or NAIRU.....
its a natural step the wages would go up as companies compete for the scraps left over...
With 401Ks now paying off big time...people retiring will accerate very much again leaving less of a pool to draw from...an aging population as well and Immigration being cut as it has slowed down the pool as well...
unless they increase the pool to draw from all this matters not...they will hit a brick wall...IMO
Now don't get me wrong its about time the corporate rate was lowered and taxes in general...I support this bill
But FOX has been absolutely CNN like, with people blowing smoke and coming up with nonsense numbers in support! Cant they just say its a good thing without all the kind of fake news...

I thought the same thing until I heard Trump and Nikki Halley today. Countries that no longer support us, lose all or some of their US funding. Awesome. There is some extra cash. lol :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I thought the same thing until I heard Trump and Nikki Halley today. Countries that no longer support us, lose all or some of their US funding. Awesome. There is some extra cash. lol :D
I got a kick out of someone on the Internet today saying that Trump threatening to withhold money from those who vote against him is blackmail, and it's what tyrants do. So, the guy invented an new definition for blackmail, and for tyrant. Schweet.

In other Winning News, Judge George B. Daniels of United States District Court in Manhattan dismissed the lawsuit filed (three days after the election) by CREW (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington) claiming that Trump was violating the Constitution's Emoluments Clause because foreigners have been staying in Trump hotels and eating in Trump's restaurants. The president still faces similar suits: one filed by a group of congressional Democrats and another filed by the attorneys general of Maryland and the District. but it ain't looking goof for those plaintiffs, either.

The CREW lawsuit alleged that Trump was violating the emoluments provision because his company continued to do business and seek benefits from foreign governments after he became president, including by leasing space to foreign entities in Trump Tower and renting ballrooms for embassy functions at the Trump hotel in Washington. The lawsuit also alleged that Trump had violated another constitutional provision, the domestic emoluments clause, which bars presidents from taking payments other than their salary from individual states. Several state government officials have stayed at Trump’s Washington hotel or eaten at its BLT Prime steakhouse since Trump’s election.

CREW represented 200 restaurants and hotels. The judge said CREW has no standing in the case, because they didn't show they were harmed. He also said that even before Mr. Trump took office, “he had amassed wealth and fame and was already competing against” the plaintiffs, and becoming President didn't alter that relationship. "It is only natural that interest in his properties has generally increased since he became president," but that operating a business in the normal course of business is a far cry from accepting gifts and benefits as influential bribes from foreign states.

He also said, besides, "As the only political branch with the power to consent to violations of the Foreign Emoluments Clause, Congress is the appropriate body to determine whether, and to what extent, Defendant’s conduct unlawfully infringes on that power." It's not up to the courts to decide that one. Boom.

CNN proper still hasn't reported it, only CNNMoney has (CNNMoney is a different division from the news division), and the NYT and WaPo is spittin' bubbles and refuses to even report that Judge Daniels is a lifelong Democrat, and black, and was appointed by Bill Clinton.

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Nikki halley now wasn't her speech eloquent? You wanna put a woman in the white House she's got my vote!
Years from now folks will be asking "where were you on 12.21.17"

I'll say laughing my ass off inna van.

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Laughing so much the van was rocking. Cop bangs on the window "get a room" "that ain't allowed in Walmart parking lot".
Stuck my head out grinning "sorry officer, just me laughing" (some days it don't pay to be old & fat")

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Things you won't hear on Fox news right now....

Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne said earlier this year that FCA would streamline its portfolio and that components businesses, including Magneti Marelli, would be separated from the group, possibly via a spin-off.

While FCA confirmed its targets this year, doubts remain about its exposure to a weakening U.S. market,

Discounts on new cars and trucks are over 15%...high too high over the 10% target...to clear out over inventory
making the auto industry looking busier then it is...as in the back ground production was cut on slower models to clear out the inventory...

The bonuses? Most of the mentioned companies are just shifting tax liabilities unto the employees for those companies to avoid taxes on thier high profits..AT&T currently pays about 32%...

Reactions: Ragman

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And as a side note AT&T just announced a round of layoffs, nice Christmas present huh?

Hopefully this will be the last time we are lied to about lower taxes on the rich will lead to prosperity for everyone.

The concentration of wealth continues.....

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And as a side note AT&T just announced a round of layoffs, nice Christmas present huh?

Hopefully this will be the last time we are lied to about lower taxes on the rich will lead to prosperity for everyone.

Last time!? This is THE TIME! That's it folks ..... ya'll have been snookered!
Which politician is going to be able to campaign to raise taxes in the future?
Ain't gonna happen ..... not in my lifetime ....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

The tax bill and the AT&T layoffs aren't even remotely related to each other. AT&T is laying off workers in areas where they don't need them, like in call centers and DirecTV installation technicians, and hiring workers where they need them.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

The tax bill and the AT&T layoffs aren't even remotely related to each other. AT&T is laying off workers in areas where they don't need them, like in call centers and DirecTV installation technicians, and hiring workers where they need them.
Maybe Coalminer is trying out for a CNN cub reporter? Lol

Reactions: Moot