December Locations and X-mas cheers

TSXpress2015

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like my year ended on a real sour note. Last Friday I got a load from Flowery Branch GA, just outside of Atlanta, going to Freeport TX. Load had to be delivered by 3am to make the cargo ship. That was the day Atlanta got hit with the snow, and sleet. I finally make it out of there and get down to Mobile AL. The sleet and snow started up again, and I just get into Mississippi, and I come up on a car that slams on its brakes. We were in the fast lane going about 60ish. I looked to my right and didn't see anything, so I veered to the right lane. Just as I am getting over I see a tire rolling at me. It came up on me so quick I couldn't miss it. It hit me right in the middle of my sprinter and the van launched into the air. No lie, I about crapped myself. I get it stopped and notice 2 semis on the side of the road in front of me. I get out and look under the van. My driveshaft is completely broken off. I walk up to the first driver and asked what the heck happened. He said that SUV in the median caused it. I never saw the SUV. It was 8pm. I start heading back to the SUV about 50 yards back, and it's crushed. Nobody in the vehicle or anywhere near it. The one truck driver and I started yelling out, and we heard off in the distance some cries for help. Back another 30-40 yards is a bridge that crosses a washout. There was a man standing over a lady halfway down the embankment. I completely froze. There were drivers from the other side that were rushing down to them. Paramedics took them to Pascagoula and she ended up being transferred as soon as she got to Pascagoula. I end up getting towed, go to the ER to get my back and hip checked out, and the ER nurse couldn't give any details but said it didn't look too good. I sit in a hotel all week talking to my insurance company, and here it is a week later and no answer. The van had been towed to 5 different shops, and nobody could get it in their shop or paint booth. So, because they couldn't find a shop the adjuster wouldn't look at it. This morning I finally had enough and had dispatch ping the truck. It was back in Pascagoula about 8 miles from me. I get an Uber to it and the collision center said they wouldn't be able to handle it. I was like, wtf. Here to find out, there's a hole in the engine block along with the driveshaft shredded from it. Again my agent had no answers for me, nor a police report yet. I got a greyhound ticket back to Ohio, and hope to hear something by Monday. I'm not a religious person, but all I've done for the last week is prayed for that lady.
BTW. I just got the truck back a few weeks ago after having a new rear assembly installed. What an awful ending to a decent year.

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Looks like my year ended on a real sour note. Last Friday I got a load from Flowery Branch GA, just outside of Atlanta, going to Freeport TX. Load had to be delivered by 3am to make the cargo ship. That was the day Atlanta got hit with the snow, and sleet. I finally make it out of there and get down to Mobile AL. The sleet and snow started up again, and I just get into Mississippi, and I come up on a car that slams on its brakes. We were in the fast lane going about 60ish. I looked to my right and didn't see anything, so I veered to the right lane. Just as I am getting over I see a tire rolling at me. It came up on me so quick I couldn't miss it. It hit me right in the middle of my sprinter and the van launched into the air. No lie, I about crapped myself. I get it stopped and notice 2 semis on the side of the road in front of me. I get out and look under the van. My driveshaft is completely broken off. I walk up to the first driver and asked what the heck happened. He said that SUV in the median caused it. I never saw the SUV. It was 8pm. I start heading back to the SUV about 50 yards back, and it's crushed. Nobody in the vehicle or anywhere near it. The one truck driver and I started yelling out, and we heard off in the distance some cries for help. Back another 30-40 yards is a bridge that crosses a washout. There was a man standing over a lady halfway down the embankment. I completely froze. There were drivers from the other side that were rushing down to them. Paramedics took them to Pascagoula and she ended up being transferred as soon as she got to Pascagoula. I end up getting towed, go to the ER to get my back and hip checked out, and the ER nurse couldn't give any details but said it didn't look too good. I sit in a hotel all week talking to my insurance company, and here it is a week later and no answer. The van had been towed to 5 different shops, and nobody could get it in their shop or paint booth. So, because they couldn't find a shop the adjuster wouldn't look at it. This morning I finally had enough and had dispatch ping the truck. It was back in Pascagoula about 8 miles from me. I get an Uber to it and the collision center said they wouldn't be able to handle it. I was like, wtf. Here to find out, there's a hole in the engine block along with the driveshaft shredded from it. Again my agent had no answers for me, nor a police report yet. I got a greyhound ticket back to Ohio, and hope to hear something by Monday. I'm not a religious person, but all I've done for the last week is prayed for that lady.
BTW. I just got the truck back a few weeks ago after having a new rear assembly installed. What an awful ending to a decent year.
I am so sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. I'm glad that you're safe. I'll keep the other injured victims in my thoughts and prayers, and hope everything works out insurance wise on your sprinter. Keep the faith. Hang in there, and God Bless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using EO Forums mobile app

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am so sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. I'm glad that you're safe. I'll keep the other injured victims in my thoughts and prayers, and hope everything works out insurance wise on your sprinter. Keep the faith. Hang in there, and God Bless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using EO Forums mobile app
Second that. Pray that everyone recovers and your horse gets a decent appraiser. .

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: TSXpress2015

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Perry Como ?
Dean Martin ?
Andy Williams ?

Ann Margret for me.
Her husband was in a good show.
77 Sunset Strip

Last edited: