Moore results like Alabama's ?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Despite Trump's late support for Moore, this pretty much sums up the feelings.

“Short-term pain, long-term gain,” former Minnesota Sen. Norm Coleman, a Republican, tweeted. “Roy Moore and Steve Bannon losing tonight is big win for the GOP. … Moore would have buried GOP in 2018.”

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Could be because there's no wonderful news from Alabama regardless of outcome.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Ok, I'll stir the pot. With the 20+% swing in AL women's votes (per exit polls) things are very different. In this environment, Trump would not win again.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
You knew that was gonna happen. 40 yrs ago, no proof but besmeared none the less.
The GOP has got to step up its game.
"Half measures will avail you nothing".
Yet I do agree a win here would have been a funeral in 18. Without work it could be still. Nothing is certain.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
The bad part 20 years ago in Alabama a 14 year old girl didn't need her parents permission to marry

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I'm still thinking about this. Accused yet not convicted still sticks in my craw.

I think what this is (& will be seen again in 18) is the vehemence of the left to drag down in any way possible every not left candidate.

Rush among others predicted such events after the election. I.e. the battle had just begun.

That the candidate exposed himself to this is granted. Yet I feel everyone will be sought in their background for anything which can be brought out and vilified.

No conviction, no proof trial, judged & executed by Twitter. Aka death by perception.

It's a different world, not necessarily a better one.

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army

Run Forest! ....... Run!!!!!