being semiretired

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
being semiretired is hard work,
first thing had to relearn is you no longer need to get up at 0500 every day and be on road at 0700, and in Richmond or other places by 0800 or so
second thing was learning how to sleep in later like 0900, up and on road by 1000 if I was doing out side sales
and what are we having for lunch to day and where are going to eat at
or working from home start at 1000, than going to lunch at 1100, maybe not coming back.
third thing was managing all dr's appointments, gone from miller time to pill time
fourth thing working around the house doing yard work
fifth thing was working in consulting business in amazing how much people will pay for opinion on truck's and van's
also working on my book tall tales and short story's by George
sixth thing what time go work out at
still keeping track of miles, and stopped at red lights, and right and left turns, miles so far for year is at 3,500 miles, and stop for 1,300 min's
when I went to work at tysinger's doing outside sales , they asked to you want a salary , what do I have to do for that they said punch a time clock said no. if I sale something I make something. so far this year have sold 3 van's , sold one van 2 times, bough my van off of lease, than sold it to some one for what I owe on it
came out of retirement for 30 day's to help ceva out of a jam, as they were always good to me, but truck I drove was no western star or sprinter van. so if your in area sometime , could do lunch.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
to cute, it is like this when I told my wife I'm retiring, she said and what else are you going to do, she didn't like it when I took a day off and she hadn't plan for it. as it missed up her routine. she said that is not going to happen
happy wife, happy life

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Driving a Sprinter/Cargo van feels like being semi retired, not enough loads/work to classify as full time ;)

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
T270_d's got the right of it. If weren't for the deductions there'd be no point to this at all.
I remember day dreaming when young of retiring & living in an RV. Poof !!!!!! here I are, poor man's RV & no amenities. Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Driving a Sprinter/Cargo van feels like being semi retired, not enough loads/work to classify as full time ;)
Do vans make money ?

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

Yes they do make money, usually a little above the poverty level, expect around 25-30k a year or 50k if you want to keep moving non stop and never take a break. (I mean taking loads that require excess deadhead and just do scrap loads to stay moving in your slow time) You will get tired of those in the first year or two, been driving Sprinters since 2010.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
you need to do other things besides driving, I sold pc's, laptop's, Mary Kay, mason shoes, new and used trucks, proheat genset for trucks and a few other things. couple of other's wrote song's for people, some wrote book's. one used to draw cartoon's and some of them have been on eo. look at each lay over as a business op. something to do waiting for next run. now work about 5 hour's a week in commercial sales, sprinter van.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
you need to do other things besides driving, I sold pc's, laptop's, Mary Kay, mason shoes, new and used trucks, proheat genset for trucks and a few other things. couple of other's wrote song's for people, some wrote book's. one used to draw cartoon's and some of them have been on eo. look at each lay over as a business op. something to do waiting for next run. now work about 5 hour's a week in commercial sales, sprinter van.

What is invoice cost on a new extended Sprinter with air ride and suspension seats?

Reactions: hdxpedx

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
170E would be around $48,001
no longer make suspension seat
and no air ride
but has a few item's on it

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No 4 cylinder no deal, I'm not going to submit to Mercedes and drive old technology a engine that has been out since the mid 2000's. They are letting the EPA control them.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
they no longer make a 4 cyr diesel in sprinter, they couldn't get it certified by epa

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
they no longer make a 4 cyr diesel in sprinter, they couldn't get it certified by epa

Yep unfortunately, the hit rewind on technology. The 4 cylinder 7 speed is more advanced combo. 2019 couldn't come fast enough.