October banter and locations.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So, I brought this 'super hot' load to Mercedes in Vance, AL, breakdown of some sort, even the shipper didn't fail to inform me that the load was very hot. So I got here and everybody was at lunch. Was told to back into a certain dock and wait. Well, there was someone else in that dock. So I was told to wait and they would tell me what to do.An hour later and they still haven't done anything. I'm not complaining. A bit more waiting and I start getting paid for doing nothing. Just wanted to share how a hot load gets cold, or it is not that hot to begine with.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
That happened previously to me one time at my previous carrier. A matter of fact it was that same plant. Was told by dispatcher Freight was hot and had to be there for when the plant opens. Shipper also confirmed a hot load. Well I get there about 30 min. before plant opens and guard tells me that general stores doesn’t open until 0800 but I inform security guard that this is a hot load and needed at start of day. She informs again that gen. stores doesn’t open until 0800 and told me to wait on the side until 0800. So I pull to side, call dispatch and he said let me make a call. I wait and wait and wait. Finally at about 0730 one of those guys riding a 3 wheel tricycle approaches gate and motions me over and asks me if I have what he needed and I had it. He then asks me what time I arrived and who told me to wait. I told him that lady security guard was the one. He went in security shack and told security to let me in and had me follow him to where I was going to get unloaded. He also told me he would take care of the situation with the guard. Needless to say the next time I went back there that security guard was no where to be found. Wondered what happened to her? Only those higher ups know what that answer.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry for his problem but Ford did a recall. Guess he/she didn't think it was important.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
e0b0552ec44f65deebd1665191e5b7d7.gif

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Juju has become Adjusted to the Tastes of a Mule ... more or less ..

As Larry the Cable Guy would say:

"I don't care what you think, that there's funny"

Ovm is out Fishing ... Lake CowPasture doesn't have great wireless service ....

Yes I was! And there is nothing out there but piece and quiet!

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anybody who done the Ontario to el P or vice versa gps try tell me go nashville Memphis Dallas way Google thry chicago St louis okc Amarillo NM. I bet there even a better way I have time. Not my gas or tolls but I wanna see things I never seen b4
Once I drive own sprinter I avoid tolls and do the route cheapest on fuel obviously ha

Reactions: ntimevan

mccll01

Active Expediter
Researching
Whatever it is ..... .50 .... .60 .... .70 whatever .... if the profit is only .05 that equals $5,000 on 100,000 mi. Insanity imo. If I drive 100,000 you can bet I'm gonna make a bunch more than $5K. If I didn't I wouldn't be doing this ..

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Juju has become Adjusted to the Tastes of a Mule ... more or less ..

As Larry the Cable Guy would say:

"I don't care what you think, that there's funny"

Ovm is out Fishing ... Lake CowPasture doesn't have great wireless service ....

It has a dock tho.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anybody who done the Ontario to el P or vice versa gps try tell me go nashville Memphis Dallas way Google thry chicago St louis okc Amarillo NM. I bet there even a better way I have time. Not my gas or tolls but I wanna see things I never seen b4
Once I drive own sprinter I avoid tolls and do the route cheapest on fuel obviously ha
I would go thru Indy to St. Louis to 44w to OKC to 40 w all the way to Santa Rosa NM (US 54) down to El Paso. Keeps you out of the Dallas traffic and smelling all of that cattle heading to El Paso on 20w to 10w.