FedEx is the absolute worst

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
I thought I would try another carrier besides FedEx for my packages to California and they are not only more expensive then the U.S. Post Office and UPS but they cant even make their promised protect times. How pathetic.

But I guess I should not be surprised because any expedite carrier that is more concerned about their bottom line then their owner operators is pathetic to begin with.

How do they continue to operate with poor customer service and underminding their own contracted employees daily?

Sure their maybe a few of you to praise them but just think how much better they would really be if they didnt sell your work out right from under you.?

Kinda like what happens when parents dont pay attention to what you do growing up and then spoil you and then name you after a girl you have a recipe for disaster- Kim Jon Un.

We should give him something to do with all of his free time. Like maybe run Fedex! How much worse could he really make it.?

Sent from my LGLS990 using EO Forums mobile app

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
I thought I would try another carrier besides FedEx for my packages to California and they are not only more expensive then the U.S. Post Office and UPS but they cant even make their promised protect times. How pathetic.

But I guess I should not be surprised because any expedite carrier that is more concerned about their bottom line then their owner operators is pathetic to begin with.

How do they continue to operate with poor customer service and underminding their own contracted employees daily?

Sure their maybe a few of you to praise them but just think how much better they would really be if they didnt sell your work out right from under you.?

Kinda like what happens when parents dont pay attention to what you do growing up and then spoil you and then name you after a girl you have a recipe for disaster- Kim Jon Un.

We should give him something to do with all of his free time. Like maybe run Fedex! How much worse could he really make it.?

ee0e3ef794c93053fd95be60375c7b24.jpg

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

ee0e3ef794c93053fd95be60375c7b24.jpg

obama-biden-facepalm.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In expediting as a contractor and getting loads from them 2nd or 3rd hand...they usually paid better then most..even better then they pay their own contractors...go figure....but I have seen that across many carriers doing or done the same practice...they NEED that load covered for whatever reason and are willing to pony up...

as far as Fedex Express/ground the service has been exemplary...early most times...

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thats all i am saying. As a contractor your more likely to see the freight after it had time to cycle through the brokerage end 1st. You will get your full rate when capacity is maxed out in that particular area. You will never know what is taking place behind the scenes. FedEx has a habit of paying great rates and great turn around on pay terms. They just lie and sell out their own.

Reactions: Grizzly

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thats all i am saying. As a contractor your more likely to see the freight after it had time to cycle through the brokerage end 1st. You will get your full rate when capacity is maxed out in that particular area. You will never know what is taking place behind the scenes. FedEx has a habit of paying great rates and great turn around on pay terms. They just lie and sell out their own.

I've seen our friends down in Toledo bid out loads when they had 3-4 of their own units trying to fish for a better rate before offering it to their own...Being with Murray I've had to priviledge to see more of the games behind the scenes...

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Bro' John I couldn't agree with you more sir.
Glad to see youre alive and well! :bobtail:

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
Bro' John I couldn't agree with you more sir.
Glad to see youre alive and well! :bobtail:
Dammit. You found me. Lol. You have 1 out of 2 correct. Im headed your way in December. At least within 50 miles of you. Surviving 4 the moment. Good to hear from you. I will send you a message soon! Still underground a little bit except i have a lot to say yet. Haha. Be safe talk soon !

Reactions: aquitted

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's because those guys who drive fancy fedex critical trucks with all the specs of an 18 wheeler want to charge an arm and a leg for load that a contractor with a solo Straight would take for 1/2 the over priced cost and still make money while doing it by KEEPING OVERHEAD COSTS LOW!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am all for fedex pay their loads well

Fedex pays par for expedite rates. Its all based on supply and demand, location, time of year. I know many more brokers that pay much better rates.

For 17 years Fedex accounted for less than 1% of my revenue. The goal is direct customers not brokers.

The word broker or brokerage makes my skin crawl. Although a necessary evil for all successful trucking companies that never want to say no when they are maxed to capacity its still something I rather not turn too. But we are comparing apples to oranges.

Different strokes for different folks. However it takes all of us in the expedite community to be successful regardless of your size in this big ass pond and your business model.

I have said it before, without everyone out here i would have never of been as successful as i was for the 17yrs before I retired .

And running a successful brokerage myself their was 1 thing i always daily beat into my dispatchers brains and that simple theory was give the carrier what they asked for, do NOT negotiate the price for ANY reason. And that reason was I did not have time to worry if the carrier was gonna fall off the load or under perform.

Because we are only as good as our last load and i was all about quality relationships and as much as my customers knew when I was under a load they could go home and never wonder where their freight was and if it would arrive.

I have many past friends on this forum that worked along side with me and they knew when they where under a load the pay was right and I never took advantage of that fact. I refused to be the weakest link in this important supply chain.

So as important and as great of a broker fedex is for you I think thats great if it works for you. Maybe set your sights a little higher.

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
Fedex pay way better than these other brokers we deal with. I love them.. delayed package is not a big deal

Ya know its really been bugging me that a delayed package is not a big deal and then i just went and looked at Fedex's motto and your right. It reads:

The world on time*
*(delayed packages excluded)

Reactions: RoadTime