Load One rolling strong in Sept!

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Got done with the race and now watching Dallas @ Denver. Then get ready for Green Bay @ Atlanta tonight!

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Football didn't matter yesterday at all to me. Spent the day with Steve from Barrett. Oh and the Lions play tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: DollarSign

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
It should be a good game tonight! Got my load off this morning and went saw the Tennessee office! Griffin has a great staff. I'm #1 in the area. I'm shock and ready to go!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My Fantastic Fan Vent isn't working properly. The dome won't go up and down automatically. The knob won't work manually, either. I have to hold the knob juuuust right to get the dome to raise and lower. The lifter arm is fine, the pin and cotter pin are in place, it's in that lifter motor where the gears aren't catching.

The fan is 3 or 4 years old. I was going to just order the lifter motor online and replace it ($50 or so) and maybe the lift arm ($20) but I went ahead and called the Fantastic Fan people in Elkhart to see what they had to say. As soon as I described the problem they knew the cause, said its not that uncommon.

They're sending me a new lift motor, and another lift arm just in case, and all I have to pay for it is the $15.90 UPS shipping. I thought that was rather nice of them.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
My Fantastic Fan Vent isn't working properly. The dome won't go up and down automatically. The knob won't work manually, either. I have to hold the knob juuuust right to get the dome to raise and lower. The lifter arm is fine, the pin and cotter pin and in place, it's in that lifter motor where the gears aren't catching.

The fan is 3 or 4 years old. I was going to just order the lifter motor online and replace it ($50 or so) and maybe the lift arm ($20) but I went ahead and called the Fantastic Fan people in Elkhart to see what they had to say. As soon as I Des 9 the problem they knew the cause, said its not that uncommon.

They're sending me a new lift motor, and another lift arm just in case, and all I have to pay for it is the $15.90 UPS shipping. I thought that was rather nice of them.

That is great customer service right there!

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
My Fantastic Fan Vent isn't working properly. The dome won't go up and down automatically. The knob won't work manually, either. I have to hold the knob juuuust right to get the dome to raise and lower. The lifter arm is fine, the pin and cotter pin and in place, it's in that lifter motor where the gears aren't catching.

The fan is 3 or 4 years old. I was going to just order the lifter motor online and replace it ($50 or so) and maybe the lift arm ($20) but I went ahead and called the Fantastic Fan people in Elkhart to see what they had to say. As soon as I Des 9 the problem they knew the cause, said its not that uncommon.

Reminds me of another company!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The phone system is a little tedious. They're Fantastic Fan (used to be in Michigan), but Fantastic Fan was bought by Atwood (Elkhart) in 2010. In addition to the fans, Atwood is a long time maker of RV products like water heaters, gas stoves and cooktops, and Hydroflame furnaces. And now just this year Atwood was bought by Dometic. So now they're Atwood Dometic Fantastic Fan, and you get all of the various Press X phone button choices for gas appliances, fans or cooling and refrigeration, depending on whether you're an RV owner or dealer, and why you're calling, and things begin to exponentially explode on your Press X options.

My advice is to choose Fan (or whatever your appropriate appliance thingy is) then do nothing and just wait for the next available representative. Once you finally get to someone, they are absolutely great.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Reminds me of another company!

Reminds me I need to clean my Fantastic Vent Screen :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Reminds me I need to clean my Fantastic Vent Screen :rolleyes:
The very first time I cleaned mine I thought it was going to be hard. I went to one of those self car washes and dropped 3 bucks for the high pressure wash thing, laid the screen on the cement, hit it with the pressure hose, and the screen was cleaned in point-3 seconds. That was an expensive wash. Now I just clean it when I'm home, but I've also learned that any gas station water faucet or hose will clean it just as fast, or the water hose at the big truck islands at the truck stops.

My screen is the pop-out screen, which is was better than the older screen that had screws to hold it in place.

Reactions: RoadTime