XPO Logistics Ready To Buy Again

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I was watching Tv and flipping channels and saw Brad Jacobs. Mr. Jacobs said that coming soon they could acquire someone up to $7 to $8 billion dollars without adding debt to the company. He also said it could be soon. Wonder what's next and who?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I was watching Tv and flipping channels and saw Brad Jacobs. Mr. Jacobs said that coming soon they could acquire someone up to $7 to $8 billion dollars without adding debt to the company. He also said it could be soon. Wonder what's next and who?
We're safe, that's not nearly enough to cover Crossroads

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OVM Mfg..... only if a Cash sale ....

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.
Roosevelt-dime-2005-combined.png

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
He could go into a different direction. Maybe not into expedite. The key words were "up to" that dollar amount. Could be anyone. Just thought it was interesting.

Reactions: ntimevan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Think Europe, although Land Star being a non-asset based company certainly could be a target. I'm amazed his buying spree continues after paying 3 billion for Con-Way.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Think Europe, although Land Star being a non-asset based company certainly could be a target. I'm amazed his buying spree continues after paying 3 billion for Con-Way.
I think before he sold CFI, XPO was at $5.1 billion in the hole. I think now there still over $4 billion! He did mention Europe about it takes so long to get goods and services to you.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
when eagle log was bought out, Apollo, bought out 3 companies at same time, and took one letter from each of companies to make name ceva, e is for eagle, a . is for apolla, c and v don't know who they are , they never said

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Ask UPS about buying a Germany company. They were buying a air package company over there. That company was #2 or #3 behind DHL. That was a couple years ago, don't know if it went through. I do know it was tough.

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
He never said that it would be one big acquisition. It could be several smaller ones.
I wouldn't be surprised if it is Ceva. They were mentioned in an article a few months ago about being eyed by Geodis.