Where is everyone at???

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
As a Navy vet do you have any thoughts on ship collisions this year? Reduced intensity of training, reduced quality and quantity of proper maintenance, work ethic of younger sailors, or, plain bad luck??

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
As a Navy vet do you have any thoughts on ship collisions this year? Reduced intensity of training, reduced quality and quantity of proper maintenance, work ethic of younger sailors, or, plain bad luck??

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app
arrogance....they think because they are the US Navy everyone should yield to them..
actually basic rules of navigation are being ignored or not followed..young sailors don't pilot the ship...they should never be that close to begin with...especially when you consider their payload.....IMO

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
my 2 cents is that they are not paying attention to details , and relying on two much technological ,
where were the look outs , looking at radar. was by naval base in Norfolk other day by shore and looking out at the water and watching ship's go by , how could they miss them. I was always taught if you don't stand a tight watch could be your last one

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well I'm in Clinton Twp,Mi coming back in service after 2 long years of hiding. Lol.

I miss my friends, colleagues and the expedite community that was my 2nd family.

I'm not sure if I will build another company from the ground up or just hang out on here for awhile. One thing is certain and that is I'm ready to go for another 17 years.

John Clark. (retired) J. D. Clark Logistics

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I'm in Clinton Twp,Mi coming back in service after 2 long years of hiding. Lol.

I miss my friends, colleagues and the expedite community that was my 2nd family.

I'm not sure if I will build another company from the ground up or just hang out on here for awhile. One thing is certain and that is I'm ready to go for another 17 years.

you working for someone else now?....did you sell your last company?.....

BTW: Welcome back..:)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Sheeesh! He retired..... Read his signiture line. :pokepoke:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Sheeesh! He retired..... Read his signiture line. :pokepoke:

he is too young....:pokepoke:

Reactions: Ragman

Boatcat

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy

Boatcat

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Hello Sir.
You had me at " Build a company from the ground up".
A person could learn a Lot from a guy like you...
I'm a year old newbie and a sponge for good information.
Very glad to have run across your post.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hello Sir.
You had me at " Build a company from the ground up".
A person could learn a Lot from a guy like you...
I'm a year old newbie and a sponge for good information.
Very glad to have run across your post.
Good evening. A year , a decade, a life time you will learn everyday, hopefully in a positive atmosphere and you found yourself to a great forum.

I appreciate your kind words but I always will tell you it took a village to make me successful and theirs alot of solid people on here that care and have more knowledge then I do. That's another reason I came back.

I have been in hiding for close to 3 years, sold my companies in 2015 and although I say I have no regrets it's probably my only one. Lol.

I had a great run. It was not always success. I had my shares of bumps and bruises and almost lost everything 3 times. I had some dark days where I literally thought life as I knew it stopped but I pushed through and came out right where I should have.

17.5 years of giving up my life for my love. I love this industry. It's who I am and I believe we all have to be successful not just the company.

I don't know where I am headed like I mentioned, I may just hang out here and as long as I am useful and I'm not in the way I want to do my part and continue to help where I can.

Being out for 2 years maybe my views and knowledge are below par. Regardless I am here until they boot me off. Lol.

If I can answer any questions or lend a ear I will be here, but I am a very small part of this picture. I give all the credit to my fellow expeditors on here that took me in like one of their own as they will extend the same courteous to you as well.

Hell I may not even be a spec in the picture but that's ok I'm good with that.

Welcome to the community. Stay active, ask questions, and participate in what the community offers through workshops and seminars and the expo when you can they are great resources if your not already using them.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan