April 2017 locations & Gossip

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Forgot to share what keeping an aging sprinter is like. 2 hour job became 8 including all 4 brakes frozen + e brake...time for that after winter check-up if you haven't already...note the water pouring from the front shock
IMG_20170423_0514051.jpg IMG_20170423_0509577.jpg IMG_20170423_0509419.jpg
This last pic shows how I caught the undercoat on fire with the torch removing that really rusty bolt. If a salesman had shown up with papers for a 2017/18 van I would have signed right there

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
For those that don't know, there is a new Loves truck stop going in across from the Pilot in Circleville Ohio on 23. Loves isn't my favorite place but this looks like a good addition for a clean building when needed. Will also have a I-hop resturant inside. The Loves appears to be nearing completion real soon. Never have been a fan of this Pilot in Circleville either.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting in Ruther Glen at the flyingJ, arrived on Thursday and couldn't figure out why I didn't get any offers on Friday. I don't know how I did it but I had my phone on do not disturb all day. What an idiot I am for not noticing this.
Rookie

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch
Idiot is more like it. Still do t know how it happened. Guess I ha e a ghost in the phone

Reactions: Opel2010

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Cruises are great, going on another on on May 6th...Carnival Vista...Grand Turk, La Romana (Dominican Republic), Aruba, and Curacao.

Best bang for the buck and there is so much to do. And you don't just sit on the ship in a beach chair, unless that's what you want to do. Visit the ports, explore.
This is the newest ship and we have a Spa Balcony (one of the most expensive other than a suite) and for 8 days it was about $1500 per person...could have done an inside for about $750 per person or less.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Grrrrr, Called a roofing company. Can get an estimate on Friday, no work, just an estimate.
Waiting on call back from 2nd company, but not holding my breath :rolleyes:

Calgon take me away :(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cruises are great, going on another on on May 6th...Carnival Vista...Grand Turk, La Romana (Dominican Republic), Aruba, and Curacao.

Best bang for the buck and there is so much to do. And you don't just sit on the ship in a beach chair, unless that's what you want to do. Visit the ports, explore.
This is the newest ship and we have a Spa Balcony (one of the most expensive other than a suite) and for 8 days it was about $1500 per person...could have done an inside for about $750 per person or less.

Sorry I don't explore either ... no interest in island hopping.. that means a lot of walking and window shopping . One beach looks like the other and 1 palm tree they are all alike .... $3,000 plus whatever you buy ...plus the expense of getting to departure point... probably up to $4,000k for what again?
I'd rather go bowling.... lol
Hope you have a blast tho.... enjoy!

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Sorry I don't explore either ... no interest in island hopping.. that means a lot of walking and window shopping . One beach looks like the other and 1 palm tree they are all alike .... $3,000 plus whatever you buy ...plus the expense of getting to departure point... probably up to $4,000k for what again?
Oh I definitely will...to each his own. For me traveling all over the US for work since I started driving in 1995 means I like to leave the US for vacation.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh I definitely will...to each his own. For me traveling all over the US for work since I started driving in 1995 means I like to leave the US for vacation.

Go for it... I am just not a tourist type... :)

actually not true....
White water rafting down the Colorado River
Horse back down the Grand Canyon
see Alaska
dog sled in the Yukon
Yellowknife NWT
Churchhill Manitoba when the polar bears are migrating for the season
Fish for grayling in Great Bear Lake....Shorts and sandals not highly an option in many of them,,,LOL

Last edited:

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Pilot. Carol Stream, IL (Chicago) for the night.
Drove by there Friday, looked good so may try it on another trip. How was the noise, sense of security at night?

Got to I-88 and saw trooper behind pulled over semi, figured speeder got caught, then saw trooper in cab digging at something, figured drug search by driver's seat, then as I passed I saw trooper apparently trying to get driver's t-shirt off or opened. Driver slumped back in seat, blood all over his shirt. Learned later that driver was shot, perhaps in road rage nonsense, he had time to pull over before bleeding out, pronounced dead at hospital. Scary what goes on out there, on top of usual crazy drivers and bad weather. This was close to that Pilot, but had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: Opel2010