Looking for Carrier that will take on a 06 Sprinter

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking to get back into expediting in May this year and need a good carrier. I've decided not to invest 35k in a straight or a 15/16 Sprinter and just keep using the Sprinter that is paid off. Currently running uship part time and can move anywhere with my current ratings but it takes massive planning which I'm tired of and equals lost productivity reason for getting back into expedite. I sit 2-3 weeks in between loads. I want to eventually get out of this business and develop a local life that we all dream of.
I will be working mostly full time but a carrier that can get me back to Tx would be preferred. Also a "in house" insurance and weekly fee package preferred over a carrier that makes contractors have own insurance etc. My Sprinter is a 2006 158, 212,000 miles and relatively clean body, minimal rust. I don't have any mileage expectations but would like to clear $4000-5000 a month. Give or take.

Looking to run between .90 and a $1. I realize that may be tough so it may be best to get on with a percentage carrier and take the good with the bad. Any good suggestions?

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well being 11 years old will scratch most of the Big Name carriers off the list .... maybe a Millhouse exclusive lease ..?
Just guessing the No-Namer will be the only option for a 2006 van ... possibly a small carrier would lease you on after inspecting your van .... good luck

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Reactions: T270_Dreamin

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
there are a lot of local companies you may be able to work for , got out to local airport of where you live

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
there are a lot of local companies you may be able to work for , got out to local airport of where you live

Local not really a option I've tried local all my life and it never works. I'm sure it would work in a straight or a car but not in Sprinter unless you're your own company and find clientele base. ;)

I spoke with American Expedite a local company that is a nationwide chain and they said in a Sprinter it would basically be 1-2 loads a week max, some which pay as low as $60.

I'd sign up with Millhouse tomorrow if they covered the Cargo Insurance, but the way I see it if you're going to do that you mines well create a business and be your own carrier and as they say on here "run under your own authority" reason why I'm looking for a in house deduction package taken from settlement or a company that pays the Cargo Insurance would suffice.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guess you haven't seen current Van rates if your looking for .90 to 1.00. You could always give unicorn logistics a call. Seriously wish you luck but those are hard to find rates on a constant basis. Often your more apt to get higher rates on shorter loads.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Wish you all the best T270. With what your asking for, you are Dreamin, like your last name on here. I would go with Millhouse as well. They got a huge office in TX I think.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
FUSION TRANSPORTATION POSSIBLY MIGHT WORK

Rates are slightly low, recruiter told me .80 and a Fusion driver told me .95

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking to head to Denver early May then bust a load from there to orientation by mid May. I think freight should be up and moving steady by then.

TSXpress2015

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking to get back into expediting in May this year and need a good carrier. I've decided not to invest 35k in a straight or a 15/16 Sprinter and just keep using the Sprinter that is paid off. Currently running uship part time and can move anywhere with my current ratings but it takes massive planning which I'm tired of and equals lost productivity reason for getting back into expedite. I sit 2-3 weeks in between loads. I want to eventually get out of this business and develop a local life that we all dream of.
I will be working mostly full time but a carrier that can get me back to Tx would be preferred. Also a "in house" insurance and weekly fee package preferred over a carrier that makes contractors have own insurance etc. My Sprinter is a 2006 158, 212,000 miles and relatively clean body, minimal rust. I don't have any mileage expectations but would like to clear $4000-5000 a month. Give or take.

Looking to run between .90 and a $1. I realize that may be tough so it may be best to get on with a percentage carrier and take the good with the bad. Any good suggestions?

Sienna Expediting out of Cincinnati. I sent you a pm.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess I have zero luck with a 2004 freightliner straight truck then !

Sent from my SM-N910T using EO Forums mobile app
There are many companies out there that will lease on a 2004 straight that passes a DOT inspection. Just call them and ask.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I think generally carriers are getting more picky with vans, but sometimes a good conversation can lead to great opportunities! ;)

Last edited:

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Dream on.

Reactions: jcochristoph

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey I don't get the negativity. I've voluntarily stayed home for a month now due to being asked for a safety on my van

(Left the carrier. My van was safetied within the year, I'm not paying $200 on the owner's whim and giving a crooked shop the opportunity, the MTO (like DOT) isn't asking for it and I barely have 210k miles)

So I have a 2005. Either pay me the same rate as a 2017 or see ya. Want me to buy a 2017? Pay me more.

I was making the same rates this year as everybody else, last year much better...

WHY would a 2014 van with 210k be better than my 2005 with 210k? Well, its not.

So IMO you will find a place for that older van, just not with a corporate behemoth major carrier. And a good small carrier can be a better place to work

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I believe the 'dream on' part was about the rate he wants to run at. It ain't happening, unfortunately.

Reactions: jcochristoph

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey I don't get the negativity. I've voluntarily stayed home for a month now due to being asked for a safety on my van

(Left the carrier. My van was safetied within the year, I'm not paying $200 on the owner's whim and giving a crooked shop the opportunity, the MTO (like DOT) isn't asking for it and I barely have 210k miles)

So I have a 2005. Either pay me the same rate as a 2017 or see ya. Want me to buy a 2017? Pay me more.

I was making the same rates this year as everybody else, last year much better...

WHY would a 2014 van with 210k be better than my 2005 with 210k? Well, its not.

So IMO you will find a place for that older van, just not with a corporate behemoth major carrier. And a good small carrier can be a better place to work
Well said .

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe the 'dream on' part was about the rate he wants to run at. It ain't happening, unfortunately.

I know but that felt good!

Expedite rates are falling too far for a 2005. Not for the truck...for the 4 kids still living in my home

The shippers are NOT paying 70c. I love expediting, but number 1 would be...ME

Get it in writing and LEAVE (for more money)