March 2017 this and that.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Before you jump ship remember every form of trucking has its pros and cons. Pneumatic tankers don't slosh but you will be out in the elements dealing with hoses and standing while unloading. That and the loud blower noise Slo-Ride mentioned. Also tankers require finding and driving to a washout which usually involves waiting in line or even until the next day when they open.

Flatbed requires climbing, chaining and tarping. I've hauled pulp logs in the winter out of Northern Minnesota. I didn't care for climbing on top of frozen, slippery popple logs to string a cable and chain.

Grain hauling can involve long lines to unload at railheads and barge ports.

Car hauling also involves high climbing and dealing with the weather while loading and unloading. I wouldn't care to drop half the load one place and then drive to the next drop with 4 or 5 cars on the top rack but they do it.

Intermodal isn't bad if the company you drive for owns the chassis. Pool chassis are usually junk. Brakes out of adjustment, lighting problems, frozen brakes, bent wheels etc.

LTL linehaul pays well and you don't have to throw freight. But most large LTL companies run doubles and triples.

Have you ever considered expediting in a cargo van? Um, never mind.:D

You had me up until that last one lol. I'm not gonna make any rash moves I've been here for almost 18 months now and really do like Averitt. The height thing is what keeps me away from flatbed, I'm fat and was a fat kid who never was good at climbing . Picking up big chains and heavy tarps tho tends to not bother me

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Woke up Saturday night with a head cold...drove myself home slept all day yesterday! woke up still feeling crappy today, dispatch calls me a for a 50 miler..my warm bed tells them NO . Gonna sleep till i either feel better or they call me with a ringer!

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Woke up Saturday night with a head cold...drove myself home slept all day yesterday! woke up still feeling crappy today, dispatch calls me a for a 50 miler..my warm bed tells them NO . Gonna sleep till i either feel better or they call me with a ringer!
Eric,
Is it truly "no-forced dispatch" there?
Not like "black cat", where they put you at the back of the line?

Reactions: in-Transit

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmm, a new expedited birth certificate around $160, that's more incentive to find it. But also, tempted to just order it, as I need it pronto

Now where the hell is it?

a1fba17ae76b033399c1190734531322.png

After coming up empty on my now clean and organized office, started on the 2nd room upstairs.

In a box of old Manila files was one labeled "Vital Records". Bingo! Birth certificate and College diploma. Was wondering what happened to that
No passport, but don't care, I got all I need

I guess it never made it into that mystery bag I thought it was in

bcc2d0fe228802e7b152b393fa96659c.png

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Hmmm, a new expedited birth certificate around $160, that's more incentive to find it. But also, tempted to just order it, as I need it pronto

Now where the hell is it?

a1fba17ae76b033399c1190734531322.png

After coming up empty on my now clean and organized office, started on the 2nd room upstairs.

In a box of old Manila files was one labeled "Vital Records". Bingo! Birth certificate and College diploma. Was wondering what happened to that
No passport, but don't care, I got all I need

I guess it never made it into that mystery bag I thought it was in

bcc2d0fe228802e7b152b393fa96659c.png

Hallelujah!! Glad you found it!!