March 2017 this and that.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Whole different world!!! Sloshing, etc BUT no lumpers, docks, etc. If it gets unloaded it has to run out the hose.

Those things are what make it enticing to me

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

except you'll be slugging them hoses out and hooking them up in -30 degree weather and climbing snow banks and clearing off connections and all that good stuff..they don't connect themselves...

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning..unloaded and have my house back.....I WAS going to tool down the road as BR has not proved fertile countryside in the past...but I am with Murray now...home of low overhead and smaller mark ups over the more conventional carriers I be used to...so lets roll the dice...:)

Go find you some crayfish for lunch and enjoy!

Sent from lost in space.

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmm, a new expedited birth certificate around $160, that's more incentive to find it. But also, tempted to just order it, as I need it pronto

Now where the hell is it?

a1fba17ae76b033399c1190734531322.png

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning..unloaded and have my house back.....I WAS going to tool down the road as BR has not proved fertile countryside in the past...but I am with Murray now...home of low overhead and smaller mark ups over the more conventional carriers I be used to...so lets roll the dice...:)

Go find you some crayfish for lunch and enjoy!

Sent from lost in space.
I am not a shell fish eater myself...closest I thing i come to is shrimp..now the wife...she'd love it down here, you can't pass a restaurant that doesn't serve up some kind of shell fish....

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Whole different world!!! Sloshing, etc BUT no lumpers, docks, etc. If it gets unloaded it has to run out the hose.

Before you jump ship remember every form of trucking has its pros and cons. Pneumatic tankers don't slosh but you will be out in the elements dealing with hoses and standing while unloading. That and the loud blower noise Slo-Ride mentioned. Also tankers require finding and driving to a washout which usually involves waiting in line or even until the next day when they open.

Flatbed requires climbing, chaining and tarping. I've hauled pulp logs in the winter out of Northern Minnesota. I didn't care for climbing on top of frozen, slippery popple logs to string a cable and chain.

Grain hauling can involve long lines to unload at railheads and barge ports.

Car hauling also involves high climbing and dealing with the weather while loading and unloading. I wouldn't care to drop half the load one place and then drive to the next drop with 4 or 5 cars on the top rack but they do it.

Intermodal isn't bad if the company you drive for owns the chassis. Pool chassis are usually junk. Brakes out of adjustment, lighting problems, frozen brakes, bent wheels etc.

LTL linehaul pays well and you don't have to throw freight. But most large LTL companies run doubles and triples.

Have you ever considered expediting in a cargo van? Um, never mind.:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Before you jump ship remember every form of trucking has its pros and cons. Pneumatic tankers don't slosh but you will be out in the elements dealing with hoses and standing while unloading. That and the loud blower noise Slo-Ride mentioned. Also tankers require finding and driving to a washout which usually involves waiting in line or even until the next day when they open.

Flatbed requires climbing, chaining and tarping. I've hauled pulp logs in the winter out of Northern Minnesota. I didn't care for climbing on top of frozen, slippery popple logs to string a cable and chain.

Grain hauling can involve long lines to unload at railheads and barge ports.

Car hauling also involves high climbing and dealing with the weather while loading and unloading. I wouldn't care to drop half the load one place and then drive to the next drop with 4 or 5 cars on the top rack but they do it.

Intermodal isn't bad if the company you drive for owns the chassis. Pool chassis are usually junk. Brakes out of adjustment, lighting problems, frozen brakes, bent wheels etc.

LTL linehaul pays well and you don't have to throw freight. But most large LTL companies run doubles and triples.

Have you ever considered expediting in a cargo van? Um, never mind.:D
That made his job now sound a whole lot better!!! LOL

Reactions: Moot

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am not a shell fish eater myself...closest I thing i come to is shrimp..now the wife...she'd love it down here, you can't pass a restaurant that doesn't serve up some kind of shell fish....
Just had a breaded jumbo shrimp basket with fries for $5.00 yesterday ...

Waiting for the call in Ladson ,SC.. parked in Walmart less than a half mile off 26 and from small Pilot ..

hauling freight from a Pond near you

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Agree, but that little Magician moved us out of there last week same day

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch
from another view..the basket might be empty now....LOL

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't know if saw my post a few weeks ago. Its hard to make the decision to drag up but mostly because of the unknown..
Don't wait to long on a decision or that hole ya dug maybe hard to fill.. Best of luck either way ya go

It's hard to take a decision like that, especially when the good companies are not taking more vehicles. Jumping from a lake into a well it won't save the day.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
from another view..the basket might be empty now....LOL
Only 3 hours to Baytown! If you are going to do it don't let the sun rise any higher in your rear view mirror

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch
Iam going to give it the day...and give the meister a chance to bait the hook....fair is fair....:)