iOS and Android EO Forum App Update

JoshM

Administrator
Staff member
Updates to the iOS and Android forum app have been submitted to their respective markets and the updates will be available on your phone as soon as they are approved by Apple and Google. Here's the changelog if you're curious what the update will bring:

New updates and features.
- Fix "Forum CDN upload image not working" issue.
- Fix "Default tab not working properly" issue.
- Fix "missing moderate in topic option" issue.
- Fix "blog has Tapatalk ID social content" issue.
- Fix "App badge not cleaned correctly" issue.
- Fixed subscribe function not working issue.
- Fixed location permission popup incorrectly appear when site owner disabled location based ads targeting.
- Fixed a crash issue.

If you don't already have it, download the app here:
iOS: EO Forums on the App Store
Android: ExpeditersOnline.com Forum App - Android Apps on Google Play

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Having trouble logging in on app, says connecting to server and then goes back to log in screen...updated my pw on website, mainly because i couldn't log in after updating app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Having trouble logging in on app, says connecting to server and then goes back to log in screen...updated my pw on website, mainly because i couldn't log in after updating app
Have the same problem here, too. Stopped program, cleared cache, deleted data, uninstalled and reinstalled, same "network error" as before.

I was able to login to the full Tapatalk app and get into EO that way, even asked me for the two-step authentication, but can't login to the EO app itself.

Help me Obi-Wan JoshM you're our only hope!

Reactions: RoadTime

JoshM

Administrator
Staff member
It appears we may need to do some more updates; I'm on it right now. You may see another Android update coming today or this weekend to fix it.

Reactions: Greg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
iOS app. What is the red dot telling me? Before the last update I only got it for a PM. I can't get rid of it. Checked messages, notifications, closed and reopened app which used to clear it, but it still remains.

544d878c8ed18776c3a673c5966a5914.png

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

JoshM

Administrator
Staff member
iOS app. What is the red dot telling me? Before the last update I only got it for a PM. I can't get rid of it. Checked messages, notifications, closed and reopened app which used to clear it, but it still remains.

544d878c8ed18776c3a673c5966a5914.png

That shows that you have notifications or messages that are unread. I've noticed it can be a bit slow to respond to you actually reading the notifications and updating, but if you go into the menu you'll see another red dot by what is causing that red bubble. Also under Notifications in the menu is a "Mark All As Read" in the top right.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That shows that you have notifications or messages that are unread. I've noticed it can be a bit slow to respond to you actually reading the notifications and updating, but if you go into the menu you'll see another red dot by what is causing that red bubble. Also under Notifications in the menu is a "Mark All As Read" in the top right.

No change yet. Reinstalled app, took red dot away. Will see how it goes.
Odd, I couldn't get it to go away on iOS phone and can't get it to come on with Android tablet