The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Also, the DOJ attorney who argued the case could probably get his money back for his law degree. He was only marginally more prepared than I would have been.

Reactions: RoadTime and davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
No. The 9th district is pulling a political stall which is predictable. He can change a few things and start the whole process over. Wouldn't that be a hoot? lol
Probably go to the SC. They may want to wait until their guy is confirmed or it will stall with a tie.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Also, the DOJ attorney who argued the case could probably get his money back for his law degree. He was only marginally more prepared than I would have been.

Yeah, he didn't sound very prepared. But in fairness, this should of been a simple slam dunk case. Does the President have the power to do it? Yes. Next case

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No. The 9th district is pulling a political stall which is predictable. He can change a few things and start the whole process over. Wouldn't that be a hoot? lol
Probably go to the SC. They may want to wait until their guy is confirmed or it will stall with a tie.
They might be concerned about Justice Kennedy's vote. If it's a tie without a new judge seated, it goes back to the previous ruling. If they wait for the new judge, Kennedy may still rule with the liberals, giving them a 5-4 victory.

Reactions: davekc

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The SC generally doesn't like to hear cases that aren't yet fully adjudicated, so I'd be surprised if they agreed to hear this. The District Judge issued a temporary restraining order to block the executive order, until after the Washington State case has been fully litigated. In order to obtain that TRO, the state had to convince the judge that they could win the case on the merits of the case once it goes through litigation.

The DOJ appealed the TRO, and failed utterly to show the 9th Circuit why the plaintiffs (Washington State) would not win on the merits. So, the TRO continues to block the executive order. No matter which way the 9th Circuit ruled it is going to go back to that court for trial, anyway. It's at that point the government will win the case, either outright, or on appeal to the 9th Circuit (unlikely) or in the SC.

The TRO expires in a week. But trial will likely take a few months, during which the executive order will be prevented from being applied.

I think Trump should just pull the rug out from all of them and recind the executive order, and then issue a new one detailing in no uncertain terms that green card and visa holders and not included, and the reason for those specific countries is because they have been identified as sponsors, trainers and safe harbors for terrorists, and because they do not have in place the governmental systems within those countries to facilitate reliable identification and background checks. Basically, issue an order that rips to pieces every objection listed in the 9th Court ruling. That's an executive order that is a slam dunk win even in an 8 judge SC.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Between Trump & Kellyanne it's starting to look like the amateur hour ...
Stop tweeting on a daily basis, stop defending your daughter's fashion line, stop calling out the judicial system, stop calling out Sen. McCain, etc, etc, etc ..... stop behaving like morons ... simply get to work!

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Or, stop listening to
4e6830c7f16d1643097bdadfa4f26df7.jpg

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's no more amateur hour than the antics of the Democrats in Congress with their non-stop tantrums, obstructionism and personal attacks against every Republican in existence. The mainstream media jumps right in there with them with their Fake News and exaggerated claims that have no basis in fact. IMHO it's all done by design to throw red meat to their respective bases on a daily basis as the never ending campaign continues.

Reactions: Turtle

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Stop tweeting on a daily basis, stop defending your daughter's fashion line, stop calling out the judicial system, stop calling out Sen. McCain, etc, etc, etc ..... stop behaving like morons ... simply get to work!
McCain is one of them thar old fart political people who need to retire along with a few dozen or so up there

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's no more amateur hour than the antics of the Democrats in Congress with their non-stop tantrums, obstructionism and personal attacks against every Republican in existence. The mainstream media jumps right in there with them with their Fake News and exaggerated claims that have no basis in fact. IMHO it's all done by design to throw red meat to their respective bases on a daily basis as the never ending campaign continues.

I agree. So what's so different about this administration? Nada! .. oh, excuse me, Nothing!

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
McCain is one of them thar old fart political people who need to retire along with a few dozen or so up there

Even if that's your opinion, what purpose does it serve for the President of the US to be calling him out? McCain just got re-elected. Unless God takes him ... he ain't going anywhere soon.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Sorry, IMHO, it has nothing g to do with anything other than re-election! Reps & Sens will listen to and appease the loudest voices of their electorate, not what we the majority are wanting. unless, of course, one of the many lobbyists that pay for their re-election need something done their way. This has nothing to do with parties, liberal or conservative, and everything to do with running for re-election the day after you take office.

Reactions: Grizzly

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
And, I might add, when President T runs afoul of what I mentioned above, the Reps & Sens will turn on him so fast he won't have time to tweet about it.

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trump has questioned the integrity of our electoral process. Now he's questioning the integrity of the courts. He reacts like this every time things don't go exactly his way. He's the flipping President of the US now!
I think he's dangerous! Plain & simple. He's undermining our country.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If anyone is comfortable with this President acting like an autocrat, trying to delegitimize the press, delegitimize the courts, basically anyone or anything that disagrees with him .. I think you're looking through Trump or Republican colored glasses.
McCain is called an old fart, that should retire ... why? Because he had the audacity to question the success of the raid in Yemen. I would not call myself a McCain supporter, but the guy has earned the right to pose the question.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
It's time for a change .we have had these old policy makers in charge they spend our tax dollars like it's free money. Thinking back how much was spent on proving Bill Clinton had sex. Etc etc. Facts there are country's that hate us and in some ways I don't blame them. I usta think the IRA. Was a rightfull organization till I learned that they started training people in the middle east to attack us. Hate is a hard thing to fight it can't be done with political correctness. Government contacts is a joke you bid them low to get the extras and if you bid them to low you can get extra money. Just stating my opinion