Jan..2017 locations & more

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Relocated to near Bowling Green, KY last night. First look at the expedite lanes since leaving Detroit the 12th. All miles 5938, loaded 3083, gross $3718. Enjoyed the good weather, was a nice brake from winter. But dang, can't say it was A good round.
I think I will save the above to a text file leaving out bills name because I'm not pointing fingers at any one person.

Anytime another person comes here proclaiming they want to buy a new Van or become the next wealthy Van fleet owner I'll just copy and paste it as a response.
and to think he is with a big carrier too....goes to show how UNPAID DH effects the bottom line you run for the .80 range and add in the unpaid DH one can really be in the 60's very easily...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning....25 degrees feels like 9 with a 28mph wind.....Fire going and coffee on hand....:)

Prolonged Lake-Effect Snow Event Underway; Feet of Snow Expected in Great Lakes Snowbelts

lake-effect_setup_0125_0.jpg

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning....25 degrees feels like 9 with a 28mph wind.....Fire going and coffee on hand....:)

Prolonged Lake-Effect Snow Event Underway; Feet of Snow Expected in Great Lakes Snowbelts

I live just south of the lake effect snow belt, got just a dusting, my mom lives 30 miles to the north... She's getting hammered this morning. I have my last antique show this weekend, have a firm commitment from another dealer to buy me out,

Sent from the deep end.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I live just south of the lake effect snow belt, got just a dusting, my mom lives 30 miles to the north... She's getting hammered this morning. I have my last antique show this weekend, have a firm commitment from another dealer to buy me out,

Sent from the deep end.
Great another step to slowing down a little...:)

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On the flip side, found out today I need to replace Torque Converter, BUT, the best was yet to come when my 2017 bill came from CIS, it went up to $11,000.00 a year. Truck is one year older a neither of us has any violations on our record. Why - because we live in New Jersey

So we are open to any ideas that the brothers and sisters may have. Of there is always moving to Bison to save some money

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

After all, California ain't so bad. Lol....

OUCH!
Ours went up too only $300 (SC), but we are getting out of the biz. My husband stumbled into his dream job! This one includes the advantage of not being in the van 24/7 10-14 days with me, Lol! Good Luck to you!

While spending 6 years in OTR trucking and cargo van, I knew OTR life won't last forever, I started planning. I enjoyed the experiences, visited places and paid off the majority of bills, debts and saved. But at the end, home is where the heart is....Hey we do get old ya know.

As I have mentioned in previous posts. In Jan 2016, I've decided to experiment with the home based strategy. Yup out and back, parked at home and waited for the calls. Last year result ? About 50G annual gross deficits. Lol...

For me at this point in time, it's about having the quality of life with family and friends. I have looked at other line of works/businesses but found that I will not have the freedom and independence as I had with the expediting...and most importantly, the tax credits.

By keeping my debts and the operating expenses close to zero as much as possible, I am able to continue with the expediting, enjoyed more home times, balanced family and career. Of course, things can change tomorrow, but there's plenty of plans before I hit plan Z, Lol.....

Welcome home and enjoy your new endeavors !

:t9305:
:t9303::t9303::t9303::t9303:

Last edited: