Jan..2017 locations & more

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Obviously those from other countries aren't our only problem. They are an easy target as are yellow cubes but there is plenty of blame for all to share.

Might be time to open that Amazon sellers account.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well after relocating to Detroit, I got my load this morning.
Where did it pick up? 100 miles away in Sandusky Ohio :eek:
Seriously, how about a load from, oh I don't know...Detroit! Oh gee I guess I could have turned it down and dropped to #17. Got to love non-forced dispatch

I quite complaining to myself half way to pickup when I realized it's paying $1 a mile for all-miles :p

Now, empty in kenosha Wisconsin.
Thinking about checking out the local band, I hear their pretty good ;)

c66649f5cb8904089d4e62abfb8aec3f.jpg

8786156fbabfab7d224eaffba8ab1636.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
A hard-working person from any country deserves a chance but I think there are too many in the middle of so many of these deals that those of us with our hands on the steering wheel are being squeezed and it ain't going to stop soon. We will probably all be cutting our hot dogs in half soon like a certain Canadian we know.

Turtle, maybe you could move this before we take over January happy forum

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Relocated to near Bowling Green, KY last night. First look at the expedite lanes since leaving Detroit the 12th. All miles 5938, loaded 3083, gross $3718. Enjoyed the good weather, was a nice brake from winter. But dang, can't say it was A good round.
I think I will save the above to a text file leaving out bills name because I'm not pointing fingers at any one person.

Anytime another person comes here proclaiming they want to buy a new Van or become the next wealthy Van fleet owner I'll just copy and paste it as a response.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
The stuff y'all are mention is one of the reasons I left to become a truck driver. I'm sure all the same stuff happens here BUT my butt is way less on the line. Plus I get insurance profit sharing and paid vacation. And all I pay for is food it's great

And what little boy didn't grow up wanting a red truck?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
On the flip side, found out today I need to replace Torque Converter, BUT, the best was yet to come when my 2017 bill came from CIS, it went up to $11,000.00 a year. Truck is one year older a neither of us has any violations on our record. Why - because we live in New Jersey

So we are open to any ideas that the brothers and sisters may have. Of there is always moving to Bison to save some money

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you very much! Now I've got "Roll out the barrel" stuck in my head.

You know it's funny. The first thing that popped into my head when I heard I was going to kenosha, was John Candy and the kenosha kickers from Home Alone. I must of watched it too many times

Reactions: ntimevan

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Relocated to near Bowling Green, KY last night. First look at the expedite lanes since leaving Detroit the 12th. All miles 5938, loaded 3083, gross $3718. Enjoyed the good weather, was a nice brake from winter. But dang, can't say it was A good round.
I think I will save the above to a text file leaving out bills name because I'm not pointing fingers at any one person.

Anytime another person comes here proclaiming they want to buy a new Van or become the next wealthy Van fleet owner I'll just copy and paste it as a response.
I guess that my post showed a bit of my frustration. Last Western swing turned out a lot better. Wrong time of the year. Maby give more time before moving. Anyway with any luck the average's for the year will improve as we get over this slow period.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
No longer going to randleman North Carolina consignee this afternoon took forever and half to unload me then I put the wrong city in my gps so I went to Hamilton Ohio not Middletown where I was suppose to go. So going outta my own way then driving looking for something that wasn't there cost me more time. Then the live load at the shipper took 90 minutes. All told the load was repowered to another driver who could get the load there on time. Sometimes it's just not your day out here and today apparently wasn't mine lol

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
On the flip side, found out today I need to replace Torque Converter, BUT, the best was yet to come when my 2017 bill came from CIS, it went up to $11,000.00 a year. Truck is one year older a neither of us has any violations on our record. Why - because we live in New Jersey

So we are open to any ideas that the brothers and sisters may have. Of there is always moving to Bison to save some money

OUCH!
Ours went up too only $300 (SC), but we are getting out of the biz. My husband stumbled into his dream job! This one includes the advantage of not being in the van 24/7 10-14 days with me, Lol! Good Luck to you!