January, Here's to a fresh start !!!!!!!

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone else having trouble getting their POD's and other QC msgs to go through to the office this morning? Show sent and trip complete in workflow on my end...not yet in office 60 mins later....yet ppwrk scan shows complete.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yesterday I got a niiiice load, both mileage and pay. So I was backing into the dock to get loaded and then a nice shiny Freightliner M2 straight from XXXX (a major expediting company advertising on this site) backs into the next dock, both of us got out and we started shooting the breeze. We started with the usual 'How is the business.....' blah blah, and then it got interesting.

He said that XXXX has all the freight, he turned down 5 loads before he got this load. Then, in a condescending tone, kinda 'mine is bigger than yours' attitude he asked me ' Why did you go to Load 1? You should have gone to XXXX.'

And I, being the nice guy that I am, lol, don't want to burst his bubble, so I just replied 'I bought this truck for cheap, paid cash for it, it is an excellent truck but it is old. XXXX would not accept me with this truck.' He proudly said 'Right now they would take you, but do it soon.' Sounded to me like a TV commercial, you know, like, this deal is only good for the next 30 minutes, so call now, don't delay....

We had to walk inside to start the process of being loaded and we continue talking here and there. He was going somewhere PA, I was going to Orlando FL area. He said that I had a nice load to his hometown and that this load should pay me around $1000. I don't usually discuss pay with anybody, but I felt the urge to do it now. So I said 'Yes it is a nice load, pays me almost $1300.' I wached as his jaw dropped when I mentioned the number.

By now I was loaded, went out to pull away from the dock and close the doors, etc. The guy was done too, he walks out of the building and he asked me, knowing that out loads were Hazmat. 'Did they give you placards, and are you putting them on?' I replied 'Yes, and of course I am putting them on. We run legally at Load 1.'

I started making my way to Orlando and kept thinking over and over about my conversation with this guy, and one thing kept popping into my head. The only positive thing about XXXX was that he got 6 load offers that day, while I got 1. Honestly, I don't enjoy turning down loads, I'd rather have 'One call, that's all.'

My conclusion is that Load 1 is the best kept secret in the expediting business.

Now, there is one advantage that company XXXX has, and that is the cost-plus fuel discount that they get at TA/Petro. I know that we can't have it all, but just hoping that one day we can also have this. Just like having the cake and eating it too.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

You can have your cake and eat it too. If your cake is made up of less than 100% FSC, then they "give a fuel discount " you like the cake. That cake is full of... well, watch the movie The Help. Eat all the cake you want lol

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Anyone else having trouble getting their POD's and other QC msgs to go through to the office this morning? Show sent and trip complete in workflow on my end...not yet in office 60 mins later....yet ppwrk scan shows complete.

I haven't heard of any issues?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Welcome to the weekend. Hope everyone is doing well. Some snow for the NE and lake effect tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Took my first load into Florida the other day and wanted to say thanks to Load One for getting me a load out so fast. I had always heard that you should not take loads into Florida unless you were planning on taking a vacation. I barely had time to get a short nap in before the phone rang with a nice offer back out. Load One rocks!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
3ba064a028e3dee2c9941dc766f252de.jpg

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wee are Lions fans....we know a lifetime of not winning

I'm wondering if the opposite it true, too much winning. I'm very close to Foxboro. I would think this area would be filled with Patriots stuff everywhere, but I've yet to see anything, just another trip to the Super Bowl?

Reactions: jelliott

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good morning everyone! Haven't been on in a while. Had a darn good week last week. Right place at the right time. Been at the yard this weekend and man I must tell you it felt good to be at the office. Haven't there in 3 to 4+ months. Got to see Tim, Rick, Alex, and Steve. Hope I see day shift to.

I'll keep adding to everyone about the driver's lounge upstairs. Those are very nice! First class! Thank You Mr. E! It's nice to have a owner who does everything they can to take care of the drivers.

Reactions: jelliott

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Yesterday I got a niiiice load, both mileage and pay. So I was backing into the dock to get loaded and then a nice shiny Freightliner M2 straight from XXXX (a major expediting company advertising on this site) backs into the next dock, both of us got out and we started shooting the breeze. We started with the usual 'How is the business.....' blah blah, and then it got interesting.

He said that XXXX has all the freight, he turned down 5 loads before he got this load. Then, in a condescending tone, kinda 'mine is bigger than yours' attitude he asked me ' Why did you go to Load 1? You should have gone to XXXX.'

And I, being the nice guy that I am, lol, don't want to burst his bubble, so I just replied 'I bought this truck for cheap, paid cash for it, it is an excellent truck but it is old. XXXX would not accept me with this truck.' He proudly said 'Right now they would take you, but do it soon.' Sounded to me like a TV commercial, you know, like, this deal is only good for the next 30 minutes, so call now, don't delay....

We had to walk inside to start the process of being loaded and we continue talking here and there. He was going somewhere PA, I was going to Orlando FL area. He said that I had a nice load to his hometown and that this load should pay me around $1000. I don't usually discuss pay with anybody, but I felt the urge to do it now. So I said 'Yes it is a nice load, pays me almost $1300.' I wached as his jaw dropped when I mentioned the number.

By now I was loaded, went out to pull away from the dock and close the doors, etc. The guy was done too, he walks out of the building and he asked me, knowing that out loads were Hazmat. 'Did they give you placards, and are you putting them on?' I replied 'Yes, and of course I am putting them on. We run legally at Load 1.'

I started making my way to Orlando and kept thinking over and over about my conversation with this guy, and one thing kept popping into my head. The only positive thing about XXXX was that he got 6 load offers that day, while I got 1. Honestly, I don't enjoy turning down loads, I'd rather have 'One call, that's all.'

My conclusion is that Load 1 is the best kept secret in the expediting business.

Now, there is one advantage that company XXXX has, and that is the cost-plus fuel discount that they get at TA/Petro. I know that we can't have it all, but just hoping that one day we can also have this. Just like having the cake and eating it too.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
I just simply tell people you don't have what I got! They look at me with a blank look on there face. I tell them you don't have a owner who cares and thinks about the drivers and there employees like mine does. You don't have a office staff from top to bottom who goes out of there way to make you feel like family and helps you out in anyway possible.

Most companies and owners think of themselves and only care about the bottom line, and has the people below them think of you as a #. They don't get or understand that it's the people behind the desk and the drivers that what makes there company what it is.

I tell people all the time, find me a better owner and a better company and let me know. You won't find it.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well got some snow here in Detroit and some slippery roads, but not as bad as other areas.