Newbie to Everything

Masood

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello Everyone,
Newbie here.
Throw my way whatever knowledge you have.
Hopefully I didn't just make a 30k mistake.
2014 sprinter 2500

Masood

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Welcome. Tell us about yourself.
What you know, what you've done, and what you expect.

I have worked in a Dr. Office for the past three and before that I was a car salesman.
I just wanted to see more of the states and possibly earn a living at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ajakapari

Scargo

New Recruit
My advice as a fellow newb. Don't get too comfortable with how you have your bunk area setup...you wont get to use it, and inevitably, you'll be using it for a 3rd pallet. -- broker says its 2 pallets, expect 3...if they say "it only weighs 2800#" its 3500#
All your stuff in the cab will fall, get knocked over, roll under your seat...etc until you figure it all out...took me 2 weeks to find a place for all my things to not become airborne at random.
Make sure you never pay for a shower -- guilt the Pilot/J clerk into a free one, and a pro driver rewards card so you can get more free showers @ Pilot/Flying J when you fuel there. Never Fuel @ Pilot/Flying J -- too spencive. lol...
Don't over purchase fuel -- wait till you have a load, or are unable to pass up the price -- sux if the last thing on your settlement is a buncha fuel you gotta wait a week to get paid for.

Also, you will pee on yourself a little -- work on your bladder strength

Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Pay close attention to everything said after ..."like if you're a trucker who's on the road for hours on end..." :D

Masood

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I just made it back from a trip.
Newport News VA to Salt Lake City Utah.
37 hours delivered 3 hours earlier than expected.

Masood

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I never drove if I couldn't keep my eyes open & only stopped for fuel.