March 2016, where are you going ??

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing? Had 3 different dispatchers call and want to know where I was on my little trip, the macro point kept showing I was still at home.
the real shame of that is your paying for that service....they need to discount that NOT increase that...like paying more for burnt toast.....geewhiz

Reactions: Ftransit and TDave

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't remember if I said that but if I did I was seriously mistaken lol
you inferred it anyways....LOL...but the days of rolling consistently are all but over IF you want a reasonable rate.....you could always be loaded if you did maybe .55-.60 a mile...LOL

Reactions: TDave

TDave

Expert Expediter
you inferred it anyways....LOL...but the days of rolling consistently are all but over IF you want a reasonable rate.....you could always be loaded if you did maybe .55-.60 a mile...LOL

Lol in a straight truck that would be working for free

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing? Had 3 different dispatchers call and want to know where I was on my little trip, the macro point kept showing I was still at home.

I'll call safety and see if they can get you on the new elogs tablet. For 10$ more a week it doesn't work as good as the macro point didn't work.. How can ya go wrong.
I was paying for my own macro point repairs for awhile, chargers/battery's to avoid the tablet and avoid the switch, but now I'm glad I can pizz another 10$ out the window for something and still have to call in for info that should be on the load profile.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll call safety and see if they can get you on the new elogs tablet. For 10$ more a week it doesn't work as good as the macro point didn't work.. How can ya go wrong.
I was paying for my own macro point repairs for awhile, chargers/battery's to avoid the tablet and avoid the switch, but now I'm glad I can pizz another 10$ out the window for something and still have to call in for info that should be on the load profile.
Just talked to them, we vanners are getting something different called pedigree? Sounds like a good hunting dog to me!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just talked to them, we vanners are getting something different called pedigree? Sounds like a good hunting dog to me!
yeah and they are going to try and sell you just how good it is going to be for YOU.....LOL

all these "experts" ever run a spreadsheet on how much it cost to operate the "average" CV?.....does anyone care besides us?....
they complete their work hours with tons of spreadsheets of meaningless history to compile out of date stats...of what is history...

Reactions: fastman_1

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rolling along. The past two weeks everything has been clicking. Decent loads, pre-dispatched for the next day, a round trip and I even got home Saturday for my wife's birthday and to visit with my taxman.

I got a paid layover to sleep at home on a load that delivered Tuesday morning. Went back home after delivering. Two hours later I got a load to Columbia, MO. Enroute I got pre-dispatched for the second time this string. Waiting to pick up at 13:00 in Hannibal going to Wahpeton, ND. I will see if my luck continues and I can snag a load out of that area. Otherwise I should be able to get a paid empty move home, ya, you betcha.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rolling along. The past two weeks everything has been clicking. Decent loads, pre-dispatched for the next day, a round trip and I even got home Saturday for my wife's birthday and to visit with my taxman.

I got a paid layover to sleep at home on a load that delivered Tuesday morning. Went back home after delivering. Two hours later I got a load to Columbia, MO. Enroute I got pre-dispatched for the second time this string. Waiting to pick up at 13:00 in Hannibal going to Wahpeton, ND. I will see if my luck continues and I can snag a load out of that area. Otherwise I should be able to get a paid empty move home, ya, you betcha.
Go Moot! you are on a roll....don't screw it up....LOL

Reactions: NorthernBill

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
GPS says 1376 miles to home....would be nice to bring that into triple digits....giving it till tonight then moving to the Toledo area....will hop home if need be...

Reactions: jujubeans

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Either they aren't tracking you, or you might have some real data issues. Data issues do happen with MP, but my theory is they aren't tracking 24/7.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Either they aren't tracking you, or you might have some real data issues. Data issues do happen with MP, but my theory is they aren't tracking 24/7.
Nope they say parts no longer available to fix this POS so as they die the get replaced by a new and improved tracking dog.. Which they don't have yet. When I get mine I think I'll name it spot!

Reactions: Murraycroexp