Cargo Van OTR APLUS EXPEDITING

Kevin192410

New Recruit
Researching
HI , I bought a chevy 2002 express 2500 for painting this year but the guy ended up trying to rob me by not paying me hours I worked, and trying to get me to be a 1099 but treat me as an employee so im stuck with the van I like it and see expediting as an interesting field, my situatuion is that this year has been rough im down to 1000$ and I know im going to have to invest in at least a heater and possibly a generator so my question/s are:

Is my cargo van a good vehicle for this business?

Should I wait and save up more money since snow is right around the corner?

any reviews/opinions on Aplus? they are not hiring Multi-Carrier Contractors at this time.

are they legit? i don't want to get involved with someone saying i'm 1099 but treating me as an employee again.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is my cargo van a good vehicle for this business?

Your van is too old for some carriers. A 2500 also severely limits your weight capacity and creature comforts.

Should I wait and save up more money since snow is right around the corner?
Snow is already here. You should wait and save up more money since it appears you don't have much to start a business and be successful.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I second what Moot told you. Trust me, I know :(

Frankly, if you can pass a DOT physical, are drug-free, etc., I recommend you pursue a CDL and drive a straight truck or semi. Keep reading the Forum, as there's a literal metric ton of valuable information in here. That's what I would have done by now, except that I have poor eyesight in one eye and can't pass the vision standard for a medical card.

Kevin192410

New Recruit
Researching
thanks for the advice, so im having issues here with the people i live with ,its got bad so thats another reason why im contemplating geting out of here asap but I have looked into the CDL not a bad deal, thing is for right now im looking for something to get me out the mess im in , thanks for the feedback guys

Last edited:

bigdogg

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im set for the in person interview next Tuesday i dont really have any options right now
I have been with A+ for four months now. I agree with what Moot said about waiting and saving money, but if you feel you are in a no-win situation, then be assured that A+ has been upfront with me on everything. My pay is weekly and direct deposit every Friday morning without any problems so far. Sonya will explain everything on Tuesday, but I would read as much on here as you can beforehand, and then ask as many questions as you feel necessary. If you have any other questions concerning A+, please feel free to send me a note, and good luck. Just a reminder on what others have said, this is the slowest I have run since being with them, just that time of year.

Reactions: Mailer and TDave

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
thanks for the advice, so im having issues here with the people i live with ,its got bad so thats another reason why im contemplating geting out of here asap but I have looked into the CDL not a bad deal, thing is for right now im looking for something to get me out the mess im in , thanks for the feedback guys
If you think it's slow now, wait a few weeks and see what it's really going to be like for a couple of months. During this time I hope to make enough just to get by and hope Murphy doesn't show his face.

Last edited: