Regarding the Oregon mass shooting, it's the guns not the shooter.

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
LDB, my point was that we are told to report suspicious behavior but the reactions of authority are not congruent to what we are being told. Nothing liberal about the realities that exist.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So young and yet so much smarter than a liberal.
Yeah, no, I really don't think that kid said that.

Statistics show that 94% of all political Internet memes are created by stupid people who lack critical thinking ability, and the memes they create are often wrong and/or don't even convey the intended message because they are created not with intelligence, but rather by politically motivated emotion. Case in point, what that meme actually says is, "There's no point in making guns illegal because it won't get them off the street, anymore than making heroin and meth illegal got those off the street, therefore guns, meth and heroin should all be legal." Are you really sure you meant to propagate that sentiment? Because you did.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Your meaning and my meaning may possibly be very different. You likely don't know my meaning.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think you hit on something of deep fundamental importance with the "people don't cotton to the idea of being treated against their will" part of that statement. The biggest problem is "treated against their will" has taken on an entirely new meaning over the last 40 years or so. Initially, there will be some who will resist the idea that I'm about to show, but upon serious reflection it becomes easier to see.

That idea is, people have become more and filled with a sense of entitlement, compounded with a desire and a need to blame other people for their problems and misfortunes, even when no one else is to blame. This blaming walks hand-in-hand with grudge-holding and projection. It nurtures the personality trait of selfishness and feeling owed, and when they don't get what they are owed then "It's not fair!" followed by "I'll show you!" And when given an opportunity to get back at those who wronged them, they do it.

More than mental illness or anything else, the one thing virtually all of these mass shooters have in common is they target specific individuals or a particular group of individuals, because of some past connection they have with their targets. The shooters didn't get what they wanted, either specifically from their targets or in life in general, they find life isn't fair, and they project and blame their targets for their misfortunes, sometimes holding grudges for years for being denied what they think they are entitled to.

The fact that what I just described can also be applied directly to children, and liberals, should not be given an inordinate amount of weight, nor should it dismissed as irrelevant. It simply is what it is.

I was referring to forced mental health treatment, including drugs and physical restraint [but even 'therapy' that consists of talk & behavior modification], which cannot be forced onto anyone who isn't a clear and present danger.

The part about holding grudges for years, though, sounds a lot like the people who can't accept Roe v Wade, and also, how long has that Bhenghazi committee been 'investigating'? :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The part about holding grudges for years, though, sounds a lot like the people who can't accept Roe v Wade, and also, how long has that Bhenghazi committee been 'investigating'? :rolleyes:
It's got notjing to do with Roe v. Wage or Bengazi, sheesh. It has everything to do with getting a C is 8th grade when they wanted, and therefore deserved, an A. It has everything to do with Betty Lou telling him no when he asked her out on a date 5 years ago and he still can't get anyone to go out with him because he now hates all women thanks to the evil Betty Lou and his hate comes right through to everyone he's ever asked out. It has everything to do with not doing his job and getting unjustly fired. And then holding onto those grudges for years, and then acting on them.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's got notjing to do with Roe v. Wage or Bengazi, sheesh. It has everything to do with getting a C is 8th grade when they wanted, and therefore deserved, an A. It has everything to do with Betty Lou telling him no when he asked her out on a date 5 years ago and he still can't get anyone to go out with him because he now hates all women thanks to the evil Betty Lou and his hate comes right through to everyone he's ever asked out. It has everything to do with not doing his job and getting unjustly fired. And then holding onto those grudges for years, and then acting on them.

Seems to me the mindset is exactly the same: it didn't go the way I wanted, and I will punish those I consider responsible, even if it takes forever.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Seems to me the mindset is exactly the same: it didn't go the way I wanted, and I will punish those I consider responsible, even if it takes forever.
If it seems exactly the same to you, well, then I got nothing.

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wonder why in the city's where where they have strict gun and all this killings going on you don't see anyone going into church and schools killing innocent people.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wonder why in the city's where where they have strict gun and all this killings going on you don't see anyone going into church and schools killing innocent people.

Because most the shootings occur at night, between young thugz over senseless grievances & territory, and they tend to spray lead without a care who gets hit.

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's funny that shooting in the inner are done thugzs and in suburbs by crazys. The problem is no one ever tried to find out if the so call thugzs were crazy.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Have I missed something? Young men under the age of thirty commit a disproportionately high amount of violent crime. It would be unusual for a young female to pick up a gun and participate in or lead a mass shooting. Too many, way too many, young American males are indeed prone to gun violence. Why? it's rooted somewhere in selfishness, self-absorption, self-centeredness, impulsivity, entitlement, sense of being powerless, delusions of grandeur, revenge against perceived slights, self loathing, hatred towards those who are normal, a sense that life is unfair, temper issues and unrealistic expectations.

There's also something changing in modern families. Lots of families in the US today have only one parent/one child in the household. Having two parents at home and one or more siblings might lead to better socialization. Being raised with brothers and sisters is a totally different experience than being raised alone. The Murphy Brown society has arrived.

Emotionally immature males under age 30 need to be identified and held to closer scrutiny if we are serious about reducing mass shootings. I don't know how we get there, but this is the target group. Monitoring such males would require draconian measures sure to be unpopular with wide swaths of Americans. Living in an open society doesn't have to equate to life in a shooting gallery.

Reactions: muttly

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Have I missed something? Young men under the age of thirty commit a disproportionately high amount of violent crime. It would be unusual for a young female to pick up a gun and participate in or lead a mass shooting. Too many, way too many, young American males are indeed prone to gun violence. Why? it's rooted somewhere in selfishness, self-absorption, self-centeredness, impulsivity, entitlement, sense of being powerless, delusions of grandeur, revenge against perceived slights, self loathing, hatred towards those who are normal, a sense that life is unfair, temper issues and unrealistic expectations.

There's also something changing in modern families. Lots of families in the US today have only one parent/one child in the household. Having two parents at home and one or more siblings might lead to better socialization. Being raised with brothers and sisters is a totally different experience than being raised alone. The Murphy Brown society has arrived.

Emotionally immature males under age 30 need to be identified and held to closer scrutiny if we are serious about reducing mass shootings. I don't know how we get there, but this is the target group. Monitoring such males would require draconian measures sure to be unpopular with wide swaths of Americans. Living in an open society doesn't have to equate to life in a shooting gallery.
Yes I agree with you I also think it's the 2 working parents putting kids in child care
And taking the church out of young kids life

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A quick check of Wikipedia shows three female mass shooters; the first one spurred the writing of the song "I Don't Like Mondays"...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It's funny that shooting in the inner are done thugzs and in suburbs by crazys. The problem is no one ever tried to find out if the so call thugzs were crazy.

There appears to be some truth in that. Most inner city shootings revolve around territorial and drug disputes, and the ones from the suburbs just go off the deep end for a variety of reasons.
I think the motives are clearly different with the same end result.

Reactions: muttly

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Irony: point out that it's men who engage in mass killing, then bemoan the "Murphy Brown" society. Because it's also men who abdicate the responsibility of parenthood that make most women single parents. whether after a divorce, or without benefit of marriage in the first place, it's women who are left to raise the children.
How many of the mass killers had a single parent?

Reactions: RLENT

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
The fictional Murphy Brown chose to have a baby without the benefit of marriage and the whole notion was widely applauded by liberals.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yes I agree with you I also think it's the 2 working parents putting kids in child care
And taking the church out of young kids life

As it is no longer possible for one working parent to provide for a family [as it was 40 years ago], what would you suggest parents do with their children?
It isn't necessary to include church in a child's [or anyone's] life to teach moral behavior. It's only necessary to value and model that behavior for children to learn it.