The Trump Card...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The worst one of the crowd would be better than what we have now, not by much but at least some improvement.

Reactions: Jason2

paullud

Veteran Expediter
More than likely it's just another publicity stunt. I wonder how well it would go if he really went for it.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Never happen he is trying to get the republican nomination according to WAVY NEWS 10.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's hard to take this guy seriously when he starts his campaign making statements like this about a potential running mate:

"I think Oprah would be great. I'd love to have Oprah," Trump told ABC News. "I think we'd win easily, actually."

He also claims to be running as a conservative Republican.:rolleyes:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
He may surprise a lot of people. I wouldn't be too quick to write him off.

I did roll my eyes when I heard of the Announcement today. But after watching the video. The man with the plan, sure got my attention. I can't say I disagreed with anything he said. Unlike so many past candidates who spout words with no clue how to make it happen, this just became a very interesting race. If he can pull it off, I'm on board for the ride.

Time to rock the boat, before it sinks!

Reactions: ntimevan

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
He may surprise a lot of people. I wouldn't be too quick to write him off.
The Donald has some attributes other candidates would die for: name recognition and money. Is this a stunt? Will he stay in the race to the end? Will he quit the first time his feelings are hurt?

What is interesting is Trump's willingness to speak his mind. His promise to build a fence along the US-Mexican border will garner him a good chunk of primary votes. His bombastic style sucks all the oxygen out of a room, making it more difficult for other GOP candidates to get their message out. Is his candidacy a case of good message/wrong messenger?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What is interesting is Trump's willingness to speak his mind.

That would have to be his biggest appeal for me. Saying what he really thinks instead of giving a watered down politically correct answer or avoiding an answer all together. Will his in your face tactics be too much for the party to embrace? Most likely. But I'm hungry for more.

shocked.png

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
He speaks his mind because he has no chance of being elected. It's about showmanship and keeping the Trump name out there. If he was a serious contender he would choose his words much more carefully.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
At least some of his message is appealing to people. Conservatives either like him a lot or dislike him and think he isn't a serious candidate.
He's a bit of a dichotomy. He has many conservative views and has supported some conservatives, but has also given money to radical Democrats such as Harry Reid and Hillary Clinton. He is very good in interviews, heaps glowing compliments with the interviewer, and appears very likable. He also can be extremely thin skinned when someone criticizes him. He holds grudges and involves himself with petty public slamfests with people such as Rosie O'Donnell and NRO's Jonah Goldberg. His large ego makes him prone to silly political mistakes, but it also helps him to be bold with his message and ideas. His pluses are that he has some bold ideas and is an interesting person who grabs the attention of people. He'll make a very interesting candidate. He also has plenty of money to compete. His minuses are that his braggadocios trait will turn some people off.(maybe a lot) He will probably say some things that will be lambasted in the media. He'll have to endure the unrelenting caricaturization by those in the media and political pundits.
IMO, he's is a person that I mostly like, but there are a few characteristics about him that I dislike as well.
I read somewhere that if it came down to Jeb Bush or Donald Trump to vote for, he would pick the latter. I can't say that I would disagree with him.