hello june.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You keep your dwell time whenever you move. If you Deadhead to a location and someone there has less dwell time you will bump them to a lower queue posistion.

Bumping ovm is always encouraged. : :)

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

I certainly believe in the golden rule....LOL

I've been known to bump a few around, BUT that is business,,,,I do what is right for ME....It is sink or swim out here especially now.....If it is to my advantage to move into somewhere I'll do it....I don't do it if there is no advantage....that would be just darned right vindictive... I've also been known to give up the coveted #1 spot...to move to another location....sometimes that #1 position can be a curse....:)

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
Thanks for the explanation! We tend to avoid empty moves. Too many times, when we were first starting out, we would move from a "dead" area only to be sent back, or further in the opposite direction for the next load. The only predictable thing in this biz is the unpredictability!

Sent from my LG-E980 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the explanation! We tend to avoid empty moves. Too many times, when we were first starting out, we would move from a "dead" area only to be sent back, or further in the opposite direction for the next load. The only predictable thing in this biz is the unpredictability!

Murphy's law.....I think we all hate backtracking!....

textingostrich_zps98c840c4.gif

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I certainly believe in the golden rule....LOL

I've been known to bump a few around, BUT that is business,,,,I do what is right for ME....It is sink or swim out here especially now.....If it is to my advantage to move into somewhere I'll do it....I don't do it if there is no advantage....that would be just darned right vindictive... I've also been known to give up the coveted #1 spot...to move to another location....sometimes that #1 position can be a curse....:)

I promise never to bump your queue position in bison.

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Then the next driver will say... I would have taken that load vs this one. If I was first up I should have been offered it. Or they would say we should have offered as they could rest or plan accordingly.

I have drivers that will have a no east coast message. They will complain when the truck next to them gets a load going east and they are still sitting there. I have heard yeah but I would have taken it since I was stuck or if I had known it was paying that I would have taken it. Honestly not every driver in our system thinks the same and most have their own system they use to operate with. It is hard to accommodate all.

Trust me. I wish it was that easy. :(

my head is spinning lol so many ideas but no perfect system :confused:

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
my head is spinning lol so many ideas but no perfect system :confused:

Maybe it's time to just reflect on the good stuff. No system will ever be perfect for everyone, every time. BUT...we are all blessed to be part of a pretty darn good company, with a pretty darn good staff, and a pretty darn good CEO who takes the time to listen and respond honestly to our concerns...even when the answer may not be what we want to hear.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just walked out of Walmart with some thick sliced bologna from the deli as a matter of fact.

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe it's time to just reflect on the good stuff. No system will ever be perfect for everyone, every time. BUT...we are all blessed to be part of a pretty darn good company, with a pretty darn good staff, and a pretty darn good CEO who takes the time to listen and respond honestly to our concerns...even when the answer may not be what we want to hear.

you are right fr8 I must say I have been in this business for 15yrs as a owner operator and a driver for a fleet owner and Load1 has a lot of great people to work with most care when there is a situation so me personally I cannot really complain

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just walked out of Walmart with some thick sliced bologna from the deli as a matter of fact.

Did you buy a 12 PAC of SKI

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

He sounds charming, witty and is probably devilishly handsome.......LOL

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lol, I literally think I've had 10 calls in last week for Freight and we've got 1!!!!!! So it's not slow out here?! I'll be the guinea pig for 95 cpm we've gotta be more competitive! I can't afford another week under 2 grand to my van!

Sent from my LG-D950 using EO Forums mobile app