ford transit

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I saw the episode yesterday where they supposedly just got the van. It was shown several weeks ago in one segment, maybe by accident. I'm sure they got the van for free and are making money from their ads for it as well. It looked good. I wish they'd post ongoing numbers for miles, mileage etc. on their website.

The episode I just watched Mike mentions he is checking out 4-5 different models....His brother has a Ford pick up and showed him and the Ford Badge...towing the Sprinter...LOL....MIKE never mentions the Dodge or Nissan by name...just the Ford....

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm glad I have till December to make up my mind on which one of the 3 I'll be buying. Nothing like someone else doing the testing before I buy

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Is it bad that even tho I own and drive a ford now I'm still completely sold on the sprinter? I feel like a sprinter fanboy

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Schwang!

danielle%20colby-cushman.jpg

Man you could use that as a poster to scare off all living things! :)

Sent from my SCH-i705 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think that would be most, not any. A few are fortunate enough to have one that never wears any makeup and looks fine anyway.

And how many years (or is it decades) are there between the two photos of J.R.?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think that would be most, not any. A few are fortunate enough to have one that never wears any makeup and looks fine anyway.

And how many years (or is it decades) are there between the two photos of J.R.?
Agreed. :eek:

Don't know how many years.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Newly trained employees, new machinery, re engineered model from the original in Europe...nope I would NOT buy the first years model...sorry Bill....IMO you might have jumped the gun a bit....I wish you luck buddy. :)

I did a spell as a rent-a-cop back when the Windstar made its debut, built in the Oakville plant....they whipped them out so fast 1 in 3 were red flagged for defects of one kind or another and taken to a farmers field to await rework....at peak they had rented 3 fields with over 9,000 vans in them....Ford ran 3 shifts just for repairs from body panels to bad wiper install to AC leaks and rad leaks to bad paint job......I tended to that field....LOL...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The following is for Rags, a huge Julia Roberts fan and Leo who is not only a Julia Roberts fan, but also a member of the American Quarter Horse Association. Also for IRT who served this country as a Naval Seaman.

Julia Roberts was born to Betty Lou Bredemus October 28, 1967. Ms. Bredemus was artificially inseminated in January of that year at Ralph's Vegetarian Fertility Clinic and Sperm Bank. At Ralph's, only the finest sperm from vegans is accepted. In those days fertility/sperm banking was a fledgling business. The great state of California had not yet regulated this industry and mistakes were made. It was a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants type business. Donors and their semen were often improperly identified. It was a case where one hand didn't know what the other hand was doing and Ralph's was no exception.

Prior to being inseminated, Julia's mother filled out a sperm request form. While studying the various donor categories she came upon Esquire. The word conjured up images of aristocracy, refinement, cake and tea. She became giddy with the thought of an English gentleman fathering her child. She was so excited that she put an X in the box next to Equine, which was directly above Esquire on the alphabetized list. No one at Ralph's noticed the mistake.

A year before Julia's mother was to be inseminated, a popular television show starring a horse was canceled. This horse was always on a steady course but changed tack after being fired. He hooked up with an unemployed, glue sniffing mule. The 1960's were the end of an era for animals as far as television and movie opportunities. Many other famous animals were out of work; Cheetah, Flicka, Gentle Ben, Jerry Mathers, Flipper and Godzilla, to name a few.

The horse and the mule roamed the hills of Hollywood. To support the mule's glue habit, the pair often came down from the hills to sell their plasma and semen. Being a mule, the mule's sperm was useless to a place such as Ralph's. They would only except donations from the horse. This was an ironic kick in the αss to the mule because the very last movie he starred in was "Francis Joins The Navy". The mule was none other than Francis The Talking Mule. The horse of course was the famous Mr. Ed. It was Mr. Ed's sperm that was used to impregnate Julia's mother. Now you know the rest of the story.
MrEdJuliaRoberts_zps29acf7b1.jpg

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did a spell as a rent-a-cop back when the Windstar made its debut, built in the Oakville plant....they whipped them out so fast 1 in 3 were red flagged for defects of one kind or another and taken to a farmers field to await rework....at peak they had rented 3 fields with over 9,000 vans in them....Ford ran 3 shifts just for repairs from body panels to bad wiper install to AC leaks and rad leaks to bad paint job......I tended to that field....LOL...[/QUOTE]

OVM, the Windstar was 20 years ago. Don't you think that with all the new technology that things would be better now. The vehicles aren't hand assembled by people anymore. It's more of a robot built product. Ford has made real progress in the last decade with getting their quality under control.

The Promaster is a redesigned European model also. People are buying them. Their also a major redesign from European models. Different engines, most likely updated suspensions for the US and newly having to meet all the US safety and emission standards.

To be honest, no offense, but I'd never buy a Sprinter after reading EO. I've never been a Dodge person and I don't really like their lack of engine choices. Either a natural aspirated 6 cylinder or wait for an unproven diesel. The Ford has a base 6 cylinder with 4:10 gears, a twin turbo 6 cylinder with low rpm torque and a 3:31 gear or the option of a diesel, which I know nothing about. I guess I trust Ford more then I'd trust Dodge with a new product rollout.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So,1-2-3,000 difference ?
Not enough to make initial price a deciding factor.
When I hauled trucks, many drivers found the dealer they trusted,or was convenient, or had the best dealer network. .
Back as recently as a dozen years ago you picked the engine and trans you wanted, and ordered them in a Pete,KW,Volvo,or Freightliner. You could order the tires you wanted, etc.
It was nice.
Those days are gone. I've got a freightliner with a cat engine and Allison trans. Great truck. But I will not be able to get another one, at least not new.

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Newly trained employees, new machinery, re engineered model from the original in Europe...nope I would NOT buy the first years model...sorry Bill....IMO you might have jumped the gun a bit....I wish you luck buddy. :)

I did a spell as a rent-a-cop back when the Windstar made its debut, built in the Oakville plant....they whipped them out so fast 1 in 3 were red flagged for defects of one kind or another and taken to a farmers field to await rework....at peak they had rented 3 fields with over 9,000 vans in them....Ford ran 3 shifts just for repairs from body panels to bad wiper install to AC leaks and rad leaks to bad paint job......I tended to that field....LOL...

Hope my 92 F350 Dually was given better attention because it was built at that same plant. 240 K and most of that pulling trailers! :):):)

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I was reading dealer invoices for 2 separate dealers and it appeared that the transit is rated at over 10 K for total cap. Does anyone have better knowledge of this?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can see all of it on their website. I think only the biggest dually is over ten. All the srw I priced online were under ten.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can see all of it on their website. I think only the biggest dually is over ten. All the srw I priced online were under ten.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

Ziggi is correct. A 350 one ton SRW is rated at 9,500# and shipping weight of approximately 5,500#. Add fuel, driver and your personal stuff and you should have about a 3,000# load capacity.

The DRW 350 was over 10,000# and I think it was rated at 12,500#.