ford transit

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
Just saw that the American Pickers show now has a 2016 long and tall Transit in place of their Sprinter. Looks great, and believe it is product placement advertising, but either way it is a great opportunity to see one in action.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Latest episode shows Mike shopping for the NEW van and has decided on the Ford....I see Ford is a major sponsor of the show as well....they probably aren't paying for it .....the timing probably coincide with the show room debut....shortly.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's definitely product placement.

Just like Danielle.

You don't think she actually works there, do you? She owns a burlesque dance troupe and is a dancer herself. She's friends with Mike, who convinced her to be on the show for eye candy. So, pretty much the only time she's working at Antique Archeology is when the cameras are rolling.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's definitely product placement.

Just like Danielle.

You don't think she actually works there, do you? She owns a burlesque dance troupe and is a dancer herself. She's friends with Mike, who convinced her to be on the show for eye candy. So, pretty much the only time she's working at Antique Archeology is when the cameras are rolling.

EYE CANDY .....she makes my eyes hurt .....lol ....she d scare a dog off a meat truck ....I like the show ..but please keep the camera off her....:thumbdown:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
She's about the only reason I watch the show. I certainly don't watch it for the two gay guys. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
She's about the only reason I watch the show. I certainly don't watch it for the two gay guys. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Yes , they are ? able ....but do have knowledge on antiques ....and I enjoy while out here on the road looking at picking up items for the Wife and house ....breaks up the boredom. .

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I saw the episode yesterday where they supposedly just got the van. It was shown several weeks ago in one segment, maybe by accident. I'm sure they got the van for free and are making money from their ads for it as well. It looked good. I wish they'd post ongoing numbers for miles, mileage etc. on their website.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
She's about the only reason I watch the show. . .
Schwang!

danielle%20colby-cushman.jpg

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks , Ragman ....just woke up from a nap and through - up a little in my mouth .....lol

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just on the Ford website and built one with DSL between 46 and 49K depending on the options. 43500 for gas

Should I say ouch.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you are a member of the AQHA, American Quarter Horse Association, you get a $500 discount on any Ford purchase. You have to be a member for over 60 days I believe it is to get the discount so you can't join on Monday and buy on Tuesday. It costs $40 for 3 years and at least in Texas you also save the sales tax on the $500, another $32.50, so it basically is a wash.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did that not for the extended, since no other vehicle on the market matches the length of the sprinter and it came out to 46k on the 170 wheelbase. promaster when they get diesel van came in at about 45k loaded....

How about specing as close as possible, a $printer, for comparison purposes.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
So,1-2-3,000 difference ?
Not enough to make initial price a deciding factor.
When I hauled trucks, many drivers found the dealer they trusted,or was convenient, or had the best dealer network. .
Back as recently as a dozen years ago you picked the engine and trans you wanted, and ordered them in a Pete,KW,Volvo,or Freightliner. You could order the tires you wanted, etc.
It was nice.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did that not for the extended, since no other vehicle on the market matches the length of the sprinter and it came out to 46k on the 170 wheelbase. promaster when they get diesel van came in at about 45k loaded....

Imagine that...just as I had said last year that the pricing would be close, price wise off the lot price, issues not withstanding, the same as a Sprinter....