Asian carp saga continues

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You did not REALLY expect that anything would be done did you?

Mr. Environment, Obama, is a joke. He is just stalling, until it is too late, so his Chicago buddies won't lose any money. He is well aware that MOST who will lose money if that carp takes over are every day, middle class people. He, and most environmentalists, don't care what happens to them. Follow the money trail, it starts and ends in Chicago.

A TRUE environmentalist would be pushing to sever the man made links from the Great Lakes and the Mississippi. Then go after ALL man made water ways. Few have done more damage than the Welland Canal.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You did not REALLY expect that anything would be done did you?
Shame on me, but, yeah, I did expect something to be done.

The Great Lakes are too big of an economic resource for many people not just here in Michigan. Wisconsin, Ohio, New York and Ontario have a huge interest in the health of the lakes.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Shame on me, but, yeah, I did expect something to be done.

The Great Lakes are too big of an economic resource for many people not just here in Michigan. Ohio and New York have a huge interest in the health of the lakes.

As I said, the people that will lose money if the Lakes are infested with those carp, are not rich campaign donors. It is that simple.

The solution is cheap to accomplish and easy to do. It will never been done.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The last plan I read states they are planning to do something by 2017, and that cannot happen in time. Funny how they ALWAYS show their true colors once in office. They are waiting until it is too late, on purpose.
2017 will be too late!
The time to act is NOW! To do otherwise would be criminal.:mad:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here you go! More PORK! More studies and nothing being done. All they need to do is sever all man made connections between the Great Lakes and the Mississippi. Just close the locks. That does not take BILLIONS of dollars, years of study or more wasted years of studies.

Tab to keep Asian carp out of Great Lakes could hit $18 billion, federal report says

Tab to keep Asian carp out of Great Lakes could hit $18 billion, federal report says | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

[h=1]Will plans to stop Asian carp invasion take too long?[/h]

http://michiganradio.org/post/will-plans-stop-asian-carp-invasion-take-too-long

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The bassboat builders lobby better jump on this,,fishing maybe extinct someday.

Everyone is aware. Those who can do something don't care. It is about who spends money on campaigns. The president, and those he controls, have shown repeatedly that that don't care about environmental issues, IF, they could cost profits for big campaign donors. Same can be said for MOST politicians. Besides, as I said before, the majority of those people who will be hurt by this fish tend be small, mom and pop, business people. They are just in the way.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Not legal.

If it was that would the most intense fishing ever. If only a scientist could isolate a specific protein or gene with in the Asian crap and develop a poison that would kill it and only it. Sad thing is that's kinda a horrible thing to do and probably to sci-fi to be possible.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If it was that would the most intense fishing ever. If only a scientist could isolate a specific protein or gene with in the Asian crap and develop a poison that would kill it and only it. Sad thing is that's kinda a horrible thing to do and probably to sci-fi to be possible.

They are working on it. Not sure why you would find it horrible. Getting rid of an invasive species that is capable of destroying an entire ecosystem would be a good thing. The problem is that there is little interest in the environment, other than "global warming". The ONLY reason there it the interest in that is so a few can make mega bucks on that scam. No money to be made in REAL conservation work.

They should have never been brought over here in the first place. The track record on man introduced invasive specie is not very good. That includes those brought in on purpose or due to changes in commerce.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
They are working on it. Not sure why you would find it horrible. Getting rid of an invasive species that is capable of destroying an entire ecosystem would be a good thing. The problem is that there is little interest in the environment, other than "global warming". The ONLY reason there it the interest in that is so a few can make mega bucks on that scam. No money to be made in REAL conservation work.

They should have never been brought over here in the first place. The track record on man introduced invasive specie is not very good. That includes those brought in on purpose or due to changes in commerce.

Killing all the Asian carp I don't find horrible because of how horrible they are. I guess what I find horrible is the idea of wiping out an entire species population in the part of the world. I mean do those fish know they're doing something bad? Or are they just doing what natural programmed their mind to do? Or am I just being a pansy because I'm like oh no don't kill em just because they(the fish) don't know any better lol?

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Here's a bad example but I think of it sorta like this: LOTS LOTS LOTS of video games namely first person shooters have you kill endless waves of nazis. Nazi bad so you can kill them with carefree thoughts because they're nazis. BUT in real life I'm positive they're we're nazis(foot soldiers not high command) that were good honest patriotic men and women doing what they thought was right.

I'm saying you kill all those fish because they're the video game nazis of the real world, kill and your just saving the ecosystem. But do you really want scientist to work on a poison that will only kill certain types of fish? Think about where and what THAT could lead too, that's really what I find horrible about it.

Yes I have over thought this probably by a light year but this is my brain process lol

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here's a bad example but I think of it sorta like this: LOTS LOTS LOTS of video games namely first person shooters have you kill endless waves of nazis. Nazi bad so you can kill them with carefree thoughts because they're nazis. BUT in real life I'm positive they're we're nazis(foot soldiers not high command) that were good honest patriotic men and women doing what they thought was right.

I'm saying you kill all those fish because they're the video game nazis of the real world, kill and your just saving the ecosystem. But do you really want scientist to work on a poison that will only kill certain types of fish? Think about where and what THAT could lead too, that's really what I find horrible about it.

Yes I have over thought this probably by a light year but this is my brain process lol

What would be your solution?

They already have a special "beetle" that only eats "purple loosestrife", an invasive plant species that is destroying native marsh plants and what is left of our marshes. They are working on a similar "biological" solution for "phragmites", another invasive plant in our wetlands.

Would it be better to kill ALL fish and start over? Just let it go and forget about it?

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
If we're only talking invasive plants and species taking over I look at it 2 ways.
1.) If they were introduced into that area by man kill em and punch the person that came up with that thought.
2.) If they're native to that area it's evolution and tough titty

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If we're only talking invasive plants and species taking over I look at it 2 ways.
1.) If they were introduced into that area by man kill em and punch the person that came up with that thought.
2.) If they're native to that area it's evolution and tough titty

Asian carp, carp in general, are not native to North America. Many invasive species were brought in, by government, to "FIX" nature. Just like the Asian carp.

Not that ANY of this matters, nothing is going to be done and the ecosystem will be altered to the point where it will no longer function. Billions of dollars will be lost as industries die and untold number of people will lose their sole means of support.